Stuart Warner is a Chartered Accountant, author, non-executive adviser and trainer, with over two decades of experience in finance. He is a director of Financial Fluency Ltd and delivers finance based training programmes around the world to both finance and non finance professionals. Over his career, Stuart has taught thousands of trainee accountants to pass their professional exams for six different professional accounting qualifications. He has helped thousands of qualified accountants keep up to date and meet their CPD qualifications as well as training many people from non-finance backgrounds to understand financial matters.
Si Hussain is an experienced CEO. Over the past decade, Si has held chief executive and senior management roles in several listed national and multinational businesses. Si qualified in 1991 as a chartered accountant. During his quarter-century career Si has been author and examiner across a number of business subjects and has delivered training extensively in finance, economics and accounting to students and professionals from around the world.
For non-financial executives in a key functional or general management position it’s important to understand the critical financial issues that affect their business unit. This book will give you an understanding of these financial issues so you can understand the impact they will have on your operational decisions, as well as be able to recognise when they are taking risks and how to evaluate those risks.
Structured in the series format of the Financial Times Briefing series, concise, pithy and to the point, these books offer:
o Powerful, practical advice to help executives make essential business decisions.
o A concise and focused overview to give executives the crucial information they need.
o Special design to help busy business leaders get the knowledge they need, fast.
• Updates on key areas of the financial system, including default experience, corporate finance trends, growth in dark pools, hedge funds, foreign exchange and derivatives, and changes to the international regulatory and central banking framework.
• Further real-world examples/studies that introduce, or expand upon, a range of practical topics; 12 updated studies are supplemented by new cases related to reinsurance, central bank quantitative easing and digital currency and payments.
• A comprehensive glossary containing key terms discussed in the book.
Each chapter is accompanied by an overview and summary, illustrations and tables, real life case studies, and recommended readings. Finance: The Basics is essential reading for anyone interested in the fascinating world of finance.
Get results fast with this quick, easy guide to the fundamentals of Finance.
Includes how to:
• Analyse a business from its financial reports
• Understand a Profit and Loss account
• Make sense of accounting jargon
• Build a financially sound business plan
• Deal with revenue, profit and cashflow
Don't have much time? Get up to speed fast on the most essential business skills with HBR's 20-Minute Manager series. Whether you need a crash course or a brief refresher, each book in the series is a concise, practical primer that will help you brush up on a key management topic. Advice you can quickly read and apply, for ambitious professionals and aspiring executives--from the most trusted source in business. Also available as an ebook.