In this illustrated history, Steven Johnson explores the history of innovation over centuries, tracing facets of modern life (refrigeration, clocks, and eyeglass lenses, to name a few) from their creation by hobbyists, amateurs, and entrepreneurs to their unintended historical consequences. Filled with surprising stories of accidental genius and brilliant mistakes—from the French publisher who invented the phonograph before Edison but forgot to include playback, to the Hollywood movie star who helped invent the technology behind Wi-Fi and Bluetooth—How We Got to Now investigates the secret history behind the everyday objects of contemporary life.
In his trademark style, Johnson examines unexpected connections between seemingly unrelated fields: how the invention of air-conditioning enabled the largest migration of human beings in the history of the species—to cities such as Dubai or Phoenix, which would otherwise be virtually uninhabitable; how pendulum clocks helped trigger the industrial revolution; and how clean water made it possible to manufacture computer chips. Accompanied by a major six-part television series on PBS, How We Got to Now is the story of collaborative networks building the modern world, written in the provocative, informative, and engaging style that has earned Johnson fans around the globe.
Detractors claim it's the systematic take-over by secret societies, quasi-government entities and corporations who are covertly organizing a global socialist all-powerful government which aims to regulate every aspect of citizens lives, rendering them a perpetual working-class while the elite leadership lives in luxury.
Conspiracy theory expert Mark Dice looks at the evidence, claims, and conspiracy theories as he takes you down the rabbit hole to The New World Order.
- Calls for a New World Order by Politicians and Businessmen.
- World Governed by the Elite Through Occult Secret Societies
- Mainstream Media Controlled by the Elite
- High Level Officials and Institutions are Above the Law
- Why Immorality and Destructive Behavior is Encouraged
- Banking, Money, and Taxes
- One World Currency
- Population Reduction
- One World Religion
- A Coming Global Dictator Who Will Claim to be God
- Global Police and Military Force
- A Nation of Spies and Culture of Fear
- Elimination of the Right to Bear Arms
- Elimination of National Sovereignty
- Monitoring the Population with Big Brother
- A Medicated and Sedated Population
- Weather Weapons and Chemtrails
- Nephilim and Anunnaki
- Satanism and Luciferianism
- Underground Bases and Tunnels
- And More
By the author of The Illuminati: Facts & Fiction