Talal Itani is an electronics engineer, software developer, and writer. He was born in 1961, in Beirut Lebanon. He immigrated to the United States when he was 18, seeking education and peace. In 1983, he graduated with a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering. After a few years of employment, he founded a research and development company, which quickly became successful and renowned in the field of telecommunications.Talal first encountered the Holy Quran in 1992. He studied and researched the Quran for 15 years, then decided to translate it himself, into clear and easy-to-read modern English. The translation, which he published in 2012, is praised as pure, clear, and very faithful to the Arabic Original. Talal currently develops software and maintains the Quran translation. He lives in the United States, is married, and has two adult daughters.
Arabic text is sharp, beautiful, and easy to follow. English translation is simple, easy to understand, and faithful to the Arabic. Ayas are written individually, for convenient learning. Arabic and English are in parallel, for continuous reading.
The Quran is the word of God, revealed to humanity, though the Messenger Muhammad. The Quran is the direct speech of God, to the reader. The Quran contains guidance, mercy, and healing. It is the eternal truth, the everlasting miracle. The Quran is beyond doubt from the Lord of the Universe.
God is the Creator of the Heavens and Earth. He is the Supreme, the Almighty, the Wise. God was never begotten, nor does He ever beget others. He is the Lord of the Worlds, the Most High, the Forgiving. Out of his Mercy, he communicated with humanity, and informed humanity about His existence. The Quran is the last Book from God, revealed in the Arabic language.
The translation is in contemporary English. It uses today’s English language, and today’s English vocabulary; more importantly, it is very accurate. The translation closely follows the Arabic text. Punctuation is the same. The meaning is the same. The reader can read a verse in Arabic, then the translation; learn the verse, and understand the meaning.
This book is perhaps the ultimate Quran learning tool. The Quran is a blessing, within easy reach.
Drawn from a wide range of traditional Islamic commentaries, including Sunni and Shia sources, and from legal, theological, and mystical texts, The Study Quran conveys the enduring spiritual power of the Quran and offers a thorough scholarly understanding of this holy text.
Beautifully packaged with a rich, attractive two-color layout, this magnificent volume includes essays by 15 contributors, maps, useful notes and annotations in an easy-to-read two-column format, a timeline of historical events, and helpful indices. With The Study Quran, both scholars and lay readers can explore the deeper spiritual meaning of the Quran, examine the grammar of difficult sections, and explore legal and ritual teachings, ethics, theology, sacred history, and the importance of various passages in Muslim life.
With an introduction by its general editor, Seyyed Hossein Nasr, here is a nearly 2,000-page, continuous discussion of the entire Quran that provides a comprehensive picture of how this sacred work has been read by Muslims for over 1,400 years.
Islam Through Quran will give you understanding of what Islam is, and what Islam is not, by moving you through the Quran.
(1) Field Testing the Communication of Divine Message: The unique feature of this translation is its field testing for over 3 1/2 years to improve the communication and understanding of the Divine Message. Translation passages were given to the New Muslim and Non-Muslim high school and college students for reading under the supervision of various Ulema (scholars). After reading, the person was asked to explain as to what he/she understood from the passage. If his/her understanding was the same as is in the Arabic Text of the Holy Qur'an then we concluded that we have been successful in conveying the Divine Message properly. If his/her understanding was different than what the Qur'anic verses were stating, we kept on rewording the translation until those verses were understood properly. It was tremendous patience on part of the participants. May Allah reward them all.
(2) Simplicity: In this translation Simple Language and Direct Approach is used for appealing to the common sense of scholars and common people.
(3) Understandability: There are no foot notes to refer and no commentary or lengthy explanations to read. All necessary explanations have been incorporated right there in the text with italic type setting to differentiate from the translation of the meanings of Qur'anic Arabic Text.
(4) Outline of Pertinent Information: Before the start of each Srah, information relating to its Period of Revelation, Major Issues, Divine Laws and Guidance has been presented as an outline. Then a summary of the preceding events has been tabulated for the reader to understand the histo! rical background to grasp the full meaning of the Divine Message.
(5) Reviews, Input and Approvals: This project was started in 1991 and initial draft completed in 1994. Then the Translation was sent to different Ulema (Scholars) in Town and throughout United States for their review and input. After their reviews and input it was sent to Jme Al-Azhar Al-Sharif in Egypt, Ummal Qur in Saudi Arabia and International Islamic University in Pakistan for their review, input and approval. This translation was published after their reviews and approvals.