Talal Itani is an electronics engineer, software developer, and writer. He was born in 1961, in Beirut Lebanon. He immigrated to the United States when he was 18, seeking education and peace. In 1983, he graduated with a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering. After a few years of employment, he founded a research and development company, which quickly became successful and renowned in the field of telecommunications.Talal first encountered the Holy Quran in 1992. He studied and researched the Quran for 15 years, then decided to translate it himself, into clear and easy-to-read modern English. The translation, which he published in 2012, is praised as pure, clear, and very faithful to the Arabic Original. Talal currently develops software and maintains the Quran translation. He lives in the United States, is married, and has two adult daughters.
The Quran is the last Book from the Creator. It contains guidance, mercy, and healing. The Quran is a blessing, within reach.
(1) Field Testing the Communication of Divine Message: The unique feature of this translation is its field testing for over 3 1/2 years to improve the communication and understanding of the Divine Message. Translation passages were given to the New Muslim and Non-Muslim high school and college students for reading under the supervision of various Ulema (scholars). After reading, the person was asked to explain as to what he/she understood from the passage. If his/her understanding was the same as is in the Arabic Text of the Holy Qur'an then we concluded that we have been successful in conveying the Divine Message properly. If his/her understanding was different than what the Qur'anic verses were stating, we kept on rewording the translation until those verses were understood properly. It was tremendous patience on part of the participants. May Allah reward them all.
(2) Simplicity: In this translation Simple Language and Direct Approach is used for appealing to the common sense of scholars and common people.
(3) Understandability: There are no foot notes to refer and no commentary or lengthy explanations to read. All necessary explanations have been incorporated right there in the text with italic type setting to differentiate from the translation of the meanings of Qur'anic Arabic Text.
(4) Outline of Pertinent Information: Before the start of each Srah, information relating to its Period of Revelation, Major Issues, Divine Laws and Guidance has been presented as an outline. Then a summary of the preceding events has been tabulated for the reader to understand the histo! rical background to grasp the full meaning of the Divine Message.
(5) Reviews, Input and Approvals: This project was started in 1991 and initial draft completed in 1994. Then the Translation was sent to different Ulema (Scholars) in Town and throughout United States for their review and input. After their reviews and input it was sent to Jme Al-Azhar Al-Sharif in Egypt, Ummal Qur in Saudi Arabia and International Islamic University in Pakistan for their review, input and approval. This translation was published after their reviews and approvals.
Islam Through Quran will give you understanding of what Islam is, and what Islam is not, by moving you through the Quran.