In The Brain Warrior’s Way, New York Times bestselling authors Tana and Daniel Amen share how to develop mastery over brain and body to combat disease, depression, and obesity. In this companion cookbook, not only will you find more than a hundred simple, delicious recipes that support the principles of The Brain Warrior’s Way to heal and optimize your brain, but you will also learn how to:
· Purge your pantry of toxins and processed foods.
· Stock up on inexpensive, whole-food Brain Warrior Basics that you can find at your local grocery store.
· Cook with techniques that ensure the maximum nutrition and best taste from each recipe.
· Plan holiday meals so you don’t have to “cheat” on your diet to enjoy bountiful family dinners on special occasions.
· Use spices to improve your health in simple, tasty ways.
· Pack grab-and-go snacks for healthy eating on the run.
· Teach your kids—even the picky eaters and moody teens—how to have fun being a Junior Brain Warrior.
An essential resource for Brain Warriors who want to fuel their bodies with foods that boost energy, focus, memory, and quality of life, this cookbook is the ultimate tool for winning the fight in the war for your health.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
About the author
Tana Amen, BSN, RN, and VP of Amen Clinics, is the author of 6 books, including the New York Times bestseller The Omni Diet. She is a highly respected health and fitness expert, and a nationally renowned speaker and media guest. She has appeared on The Doctors, Today, Good Day New York, and more. Additionally, Tana's appearances on public television promoting brain health have helped raise millions of dollars for local stations. Daniel G. Amen, MD, is a double board-certified psychiatrist, professor, and ten-time New York Times bestselling author. He is one of the world’s foremost experts on using brain-imaging tools to help optimize and treat his patients. Amen Clinics have one of the highest published success rates for patients. His research was listed as one of the Top 100 Stories in Science for 2015 by Discover magazine. He has written and hosted eleven highly popular shows about the brain for public television. His work has been featured in The New York Times Magazine, the Washington Post, and Men’s Health and on The Dr. Oz Show and Dr. Phil.
You can read books purchased on Google Play using your computer's web browser.
eReaders and other devices
To read on e-ink devices like the Sony eReader or Barnes & Noble Nook, you'll need to download a file and transfer it to your device. Please follow the detailed Help center instructions to transfer the files to supported eReaders.