In the Photos for OS X and iOS book, best-selling author Jeff Carlson shows you how to tame your photo collection with Apple Photos for OS X app. He shows how to convert your existing iPhoto and Aperture libraries to Photos and how to import new photos from your iPhone and other sources. You’ll learn how to work with photos in the Apple iCloud service as well as edit images on your phone, Mac, and in the cloud. And to show off your snapshots, Jeff shows you how to share your photos through prints and photo books.
Readers will learn how to:Import photos from your iPhone and other sources Organize your photos through albums, keywords, tags, collections, dates, and geotags Convert existing iPhoto and Aperture libraries to Photos for OS X Work with your photos in the iCloud Photo library Edit photos in the Photos application Make prints and photo books
Tony goes beyond teaching you how to use Lightroom. Tony shows you why and when to use each feature to create stunning, natural photos. When Lightroom isn t the best tool, Tony suggests better alternatives.
Combining the benefits of video training and book learning, this video book gives you over 14 hours of video and dozens of free presets and raw images to practice with. If you learn better with video, watch the video training and refer to the book for quick reference. If you prefer reading, the book is concise and practical, and each chapter links to relevant videos when you want to understand a topic more deeply or see it used in the real world.
Tony covers every aspect of Lightroom in-depth, but structures his teaching so that both beginner and advanced photographers can learn as efficiently as possible. If you just want a quick start, you can watch the first video or read the first chapter and you'll be organizing and editing your pictures in less than an hour. If you want to know more about a specific feature, switch to that video or jump to that chapter in the ebook. If you want to know everything about Lightroom, watch the videos and read the book from start to finish.
Create Great iPhone Photos shows you how to take great iPhone photographs—and even turn your not-so-hot photos into thrillingly inventive, atmospheric images. Author and iPhone photographer Allan Hoffman shows you how to harness the full potential of your iPhone's camera and turn it into a wildly fun tool for photographic creativity. You'll learn tips and tricks for generating effects, applying filters, and manipulating your images with wonderfully innovative apps—all right on your iPhone. And you'll be inspired by interviews with today's top iPhone photographers and galleries of their impressive work.
You'll also learn how to:
* Produce stunning panoramas, vintage-style photobooth strips, and super-saturated Polaroid® photos with a hip, 1970s look
* Unlock the secret power of your iPhone's camera with burst mode, high dynamic range (HDR) effects, exposure and focus controls, and more
* Find and install the best iPhone apps for cropping images, adjusting contrast and exposure, and editing your photos to achieve eye-popping results
* Publish and share images right from your iPhone, without the hassle of memory cards, cables, or complex desktop photo editing tools
You have Photoshop® (and a lot, lot more) right in your pocket. Do amazing things with your photos with Create Great iPhone Photos.
- Understanding the benefits and shortcomings of a PAS camera
- Getting to know all the features, buttons, and interfaces of your compact camera
- Preparing your camera to shoot the best possible photos and videos using the proper file formats (JPEG+RAW), adjusting metering methods, and choosing appropriate aspect ratios
- Exploring Standard, Scene, and Creative modes for shooting in common and more challenging environments
- Learning, in depth, how to shoot using manual controls by understanding aperture, shutter speed, and ISO
- What additional equipment to purchase
- Composition tips and a variety of photographic techniques
- How to store, organize, and enhance all your photos
- The best way to share your masterpieces with friends and family using a variety of mobile and desktop applications/services
If you're a new or established photographer, someone interested in photography, or just someone interested in taking better pictures, this book will help you learn the basics needed to take beautiful photographs.
The essential DSLR gear, with suggested computer and laptop configurations, digital darkroom and color management setups, and best capture formats for your style of shooting.
General preferences and display options to customize and enhance your workflow. The Lightroom 2 modules to effectively organize, process, and catalog your images. Integration with Photoshop CS3, including making panoramas and high dynamic range (HDR) images.
Advanced Photoshop CS3 techniques to create stunning results: converting images to black and white, painting with light, selective focus, diffusion effects, layer masking, and special blending modes.
Loaded with tips and techniques from a seasoned photographer, including a pre-shoot checklist for camera settings, Courvoisier delivers a digital workflow system that allows you to spend less time at your computer and more time behind the camera capturing great images.
“Jerry Courvoisier is, plain and simple, one of the best teachers of digital workflow and image management working today. He demystifies the digital world for both the beginner and the advanced user. For anyone shooting digital pictures, this book simply has to be on your shelf.”
—Joe McNally, photographer and author of The Moment It Clicks
For photographers who are more than just casual snapshooters, or who are making the transition from Aperture or iPhoto, The Apple Photos Book for Photographers by Derrick Story shines a light on the true sophistication of this app and the ecosystem it taps into. From the point of view of a working photographer, Derrick provides everything you need to know to get the most out of the imaging tools built into Mac OS X and iCloud.
Follow along with Derrick as he teaches you all about:
• Customizing the interface for organizing and viewing your images
• The thinking behind viewing options such as Moments, Collections, Years, and Albums
• Working with iCloud Photo Library to sync your photos across your devices
• Adding location data to your images so you can map your travels with your photos
• Editing your images with Photos’ basic tools, yes, then going beyond with more advanced techniques
• Integrating third-party Editing Extensions into your workflow so you can build a digital darkroom tailored to your style of photography
• Creating projects such as books, cards, calendars, prints, and slideshows—and showing you how to create your own Fine Art Cards at home with just your Mac and an inkjet printer.
• Working with videos as well as still photos
• Sharing your images on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr
Apple’s Photos is a robust, all-in-one solution for managing, editing, and sharing your photos. And The Apple Photos Book for Photographers is all you need to make the most of this great imaging ecosystem!