Tom Mackie is a freelance writer and member of the ProFootball Writers of America. He has covered the NFL for a number ofpublications and media outlets since 1998. Mackie previously covered theRedskins before switching to the New York Giants. He has written three previousNFL books.
As a kid, Rashad Jennings dreamed of one day playing in the NFL, but the odds were stacked against him—he was an overweight kid with glasses, asthma, and a 0.6 GPA. Today, Rashad is a record-setting running back who has played with the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Oakland Raiders, and the New York Giants.
In The IF in Life, Rashad writes about the decisions that shaped his life. From overcoming injuries and setbacks to reaching goals and everything in between, Rashad’s transparency about his journey will encourage readers to hold on to faith in the midst of uncertainty and win big in life.
Perfect for football fans of all ages, this book also features photos from Rashad’s childhood, college years, and professional career.
In this Book You Will Learn How to…
• Identify key frames of reference that read the reality of space advantage
• Structure mental models that develop an intuition of open space
• Utilize a verbal brevity code that accelerates communication of open space
• Implement three core run and pass scheme strategies that every play should possess
• Include different personnel and formations to increase structural strain on a defense
• Implement progression platforms that sequence plays into a storyboard format
• Advance the ability to game plan an opponent using the R4 grid
• Apply concept grids into a work_ow that becomes the R4 play call sheet
• Assign an organized practice script that covers every play and situation in a game
• Create a championship culture that can empathize and empower any level of coach
A Walk in Our Cleats, 25 Athletes Who Never Gave Up is an inspiring, genuine, real-time read with never-before-seen photographs that will appeal to American football fans everywhere. Featuring an eye-catching four-color interior, readers will be drawn in by the short, personal entries written by each player. Fans can jump in throughout the book to browse photos and pick up inspiration from each NFL player’s unique perspective on God’s amazing grace. Each player entry includes a relevant message, their favorite Scripture passages, and an encouraging life application to encourage and motivate you in your own faith journey.
Decorated and popular NFL players included in A Walk in Our Cleats are: Benjamin Watson, Ben Roethlisberger, Manny Ramirez, Miles Killebrew, Chris Harris Jr., David Bass, Lorenzo Alexander, Tyson Alualu, Jordan Matthews, Shamarko Thomas, Matthew Slater, Chris Clark, Don Carey, Arthur Moats, Derrick Morgan, Will Johnson, Wesley Woodyard, Ryan Shazier, Charles Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Tyler Patmon, Sam Acho, and Ben Garland.