Confessions of a Teacher Recruiter: How to Create an Extraordinary Resume and Hook Your Dream Job details exactly what today’s teacher needs to construct an exceptional resume and manage a job search that attracts the attention of recruiters and principals.
Confessions of a teacher Recruiter was written by Tracy Brisson, Founder of The Opportunities Project. Tracy is an experienced teacher recruiter and career expert.
Confessions of a Teacher Recruiter features step-by-step advice, detailed templates, interviews with teachers, funny stories from ten years of recruiting teachers, and confessions on what hiring professionals really think about when reviewing resumes and making decisions about who to bring onto their team.
Confessions of a Teacher Recruiter has eight chapters of insight specifically targeted toward teachers to so they can:
- Avoid the mediocre resume trap
- Conquer the mysterious application submission and hiring process
- Demonstrate your excellence in every section of your resume
- Format your resume so it’s not thrown away when it’s opened
- Pass the cover letter test
- Master your online presence and have offers come to you
- Maintain a great attitude throughout a stressful job search
Praise for Confessions of a Teacher Recruiter
"Thanks so much for the helpful and engaging read! I was able to really improve my resume in ways I never would’ve thought to. I especially appreciated your honesty!"
- Anna D., NYC Teacher and Teachers College (Columbia University) Student
What an amazing book! I can’t believe how much I missed! I’ve made several changes recommended by the book, and I’m hoping to see results soon!"
- Mike R., Pennsylvania Social Studies Teacher
“This is an awesome book if you are job hunting.”
-Tasha G., Seattle Teacher
"Best advice so far: Set certain times to job search and tips on how not become obsessive! Great text!"
- Jessie S., Michigan Second Grade Teacher via Twitter
"I just read the book and LOVED it! I immediately recommended it to a colleague who I know is also on the hunt for a new position. The tips were so incredibly helpful, and I was thrilled with the format of the book. Personally, I had a few small things on my old resume that I honestly just didn’t realize were frowned upon until reading the advice you gave, so hopefully my fabulous new resume and cover letter will help me get my foot in the door somewhere new!"
- Ashley H., San Diego Science Teacher via LinkedIn