Containing over 36,000 synonyms, the more than 4,000 main entries in Children's Illustrated Thesaurus are brought to life through an imaginative mix of illustrations and photography and fun vocabulary features that explore and expand language. The entries are arranged alphabetically and include definitions and sample sentences to help kids understand the meaning and usage of words in context, and antonym features present another layer of vocabulary for children to enjoy.
With its fresh and fun design and authoritative content, Children's Illustrated Thesaurus will inspire children to build a rich and vibrant vocabulary and boost their confidence in using and choosing words.
This fantastic thesaurus is especially designed for children aged 8 and above (Key Stage 2) and supports today's Primary curriculum needs. Clear and accessible, it is an indispensable tool for young writers.
• full definitions for every entry and sample sentences for each synonym to help improve your child’s vocabulary
• words to use in all types of writing, from fiction to non-fiction, plus advice on particular writing styles
• word list boxes for in-depth examination of special language features
• usage tips offer extra language learning support
• free online resources at collins.co.uk/homeworkhelp