- Identify a wide range of common and uncommon conditions based upon their imaging findings.
- Arrive at diagnoses by following a pattern recognition approach, and logically overcome difficult diagnostic challenges with the aid of decision trees.
- Quickly grasp the fundamentals you need to know through more than 700 images and an easy-to-use format and pedagogy, including: bolding of key points and icons designating special content; Diagnostic Pitfalls; Really, Really Important Points; Weblinks; and Take-Home Points.
- Gauge your mastery of the material and build confidence with extra images, bonus content, interactive self-assessment exercises, and USMLE-style Q&A that provide effective chapter review and quick practice for your exams.
- Apply the latest recommendations on patient safety, dose reduction and radiation protection
- Benefit from the extensive knowledge and experience of esteemed author Dr. William Herring—a skilled radiology teacher and the host of his own specialty website, www.learningradiology.com.
- Stay current in the latest advancements and developments with meticulous updates throughout including a new chapter on Pediatric Radiology as well as more than 60 new and updated photos, many highlighting newer imaging modalities.