- Comprises over 200 newly commissioned entries written by a stellar cast of over 130 experts in the field
- Arranged in A-Z format across two fully cross-referenced volumes
- Represents the definitive reference guide to all aspects of the Gothic
- Provides comprehensive coverage of relevant authors, national traditions, critical developments, and notable texts that define, shape, and inform the genre
- Extends beyond a purely literary analysis to explore Gothic elements of film, music, drama, art, and architecture.
- Explores the development of the genre and its impact on contemporary culture