About the author
CBSE Sample papers
CBSE Sample papers
- This book covers everything required for the 11+ Science exam
- Prepares pupils for a wide range of independent school exams and pre-tests with challenging extension material
- Consolidates revision with all the key information in one place
- Features helpful insight in to the exams, with examples, practical tips and advice
- Tests understanding and technique with timed, levelled exam-style questions
Also available for 11+ Science preparation:
- 11+ Science Practice Papers ISBN 9781471849282
Revision Guides, Workbooks and Practice Papers are also available for English, Maths, Verbal Reasoning and Non-Verbal Reasoning on www.galorepark.co.uk.
Investigations are presented in a generic form, so that teachers can work through them and adapt them to meet the particular needs of their own classes. The presentation of activities ranges from highly-structured sequences of instructions and questions (with answers!), to more general discussions, depending on the approach needed and the likely variations in equipment and materials available. Each activity is aimed to help any teacher carry out significant scientific investigations with their class, and where necessary, to learn alongside them.
- Almost every investigation and activity has been tested by the author.
- Investigations use readily-available, non-specialist or recycled materials.
The context of this book is children's need to learn through first-hand experience of the world around them. This book is an essential resource for teachers planning an effective science programme, or for student teachers needing to broaden their scientific knowledge and understanding.
200 Science Investigations for Young Students is the companion volume of activities which demonstrate the theories in Martin Wenham's Understanding Primary Science.
The content has been guided by, but not limited to, The National Curriculum 2000 and the Initial Teacher Training Curriculum for Primary Science, issued by the Teacher Training Agency.