Your fun and easy guide to the challenges and rewards of adopting a pet
Thinking about adopting or rescuing an animal? This friendly guide gives you a no-nonsense introduction to the process and helps you select the right companion for you and your family. You'll see how to handle everything from feeding, health care, and housetraining to obedience, behavior issues, and special needs for older and abused animals.
Discover how to
- Work with shelters and rescue groups
- Navigate the procedures and paperwork
- Find a supportive veterinarian
- Adopt a dog, cat, bird, critter, or exotic pet
- Help your pet adjust to its new home