Sinclair Bell is Associate Professor of Art History at Northern Illinois University. He is the co-editor of five other books, including New Perspectives on Etruria and Early Rome (2009 with H. Nagy), and is currently the reviews editor of Etruscan Studies: Journal of the Etruscan Foundation.
Alexandra A. Carpino is Professor of Art History and Department Chair of Comparative Cultural Studies at Northern Arizona University. The author of Discs of Splendor: The Relief Mirrors of the Etruscans (2003) and several articles on Etruscan portraiture and mirror iconography, Dr. Carpino also served as editor-in-chief of Etruscan Studies: Journal of the Etruscan Foundation from 2012 to 2014.
• Features a rich and detailed overview of Thracian history from the Early Iron Age to Late Antiquity
• Includes contributions from leading scholars in the archaeology, art history, and general history of Thrace
• Balances consideration of material evidence relating to Ancient Thrace with more traditional literary sources
• Integrates a study of Thrace within a broad context that includes the cultures of the eastern Mediterranean, southwest Asia, and southeast Europe/Eurasia
• Reflects the impact of new theoretical approaches to economy, ethnicity, and cross-cultural interaction and hybridity in Ancient Thrace