* Explore genres such as poetry, biographies, nonfiction, and series books
* Investigate images and how to read them, specifically in picture books and graphic novels
* Motivate students by sharing books with global appeal and themes to attract uninspired readers
* Create an atmosphere that fosters a love of reading and writing
* Engage with resources in the field to expand your own knowledge and practices
Complete with children's literature author and title indexes, this edition will show you how, why, and what types of children's literature to use in the classroom. In a world of basal readers, inspire your K–5 students to embrace varied texts to make connections to their world and beyond.
Deborah A. Wooten is an associate professor of reading in the Department of Theory and Practice in Teacher Education at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA. Before joining the university faculty, she taught elementary school for 23 years.
Bernice E. Cullinan, professor emeritus from New York University, USA, is internationally known for her work in children’s literature.