This simple, easy-to-learn technique, that even the most linguistically-challenged can master literally overnight, is used by many of the most respected and skilled polyglots and language teachers in the world, and it’s never really been laid out, explained, and demonstrated in full, point-by-point, step-by-step detail until now.
When characters in a movie or TV show are speaking the dialogue, unless it’s set in a previous period like the 1800s or something, they speak normal, everyday language. So if you wanted to learn Spanish, the type of normal everyday Spanish that native speakers use every day, aka “conversational Spanish”...
Don’t you think that Spanish-language TV shows, movies, music, and books might be a good source to learn from...if only you knew how?
Not only that, but it would be fun, wouldn’t it? Far better than learning the language from some boring, dry textbook or workbook that, even worse, is teaching outdated, formal, “non-conversational” Spanish (look at the dialogue in one sometime: do people actually talk like that? No).
The basic technique is obvious: consume popular Spanish-language media and try to learn what they're saying by looking up what you don't understand. Sure. But the issue is twofold:
1) The problems you will inevitably run into (how do I apply what I've learned? how do I ensure I'm not misunderstanding the meaning and thereby learning something incorrect? where do I look things up? what if it's not in the dictionary and Google Translate isn't cutting it? etc.), and...
2) How do we do things as efficiently as possible? If you're a beginner you're going to have to sort out how to do this all on your own, how to solve any problems you might run into on your own, while probably doing many things less effectively and slower than is necessary. I've already learned all this stuff the hard way, I've made many of the mistakes you would if you went this alone, let me just save you a ton of time, trouble, and possibly money by teaching you what I already know from experience.
Has this basic technique been used for centuries by language students and teachers alike? Yes, there are records dating back to the 18th century of language teachers using popular media in the language they're teaching to help their students learn it. I'm not claiming to have invented it. What I've done here is, after having used and refined the technique myself for several years, distilled it down to a system that's easy to learn, and which is taught in a format that's organized, easy to understand, and which takes advantage of all the latest technology, such as the all the various resources available on the internet now.
As you study Spanish you may see the subjunctive as an obstacle to your full understanding of the language. Learning the subjunctive can be one of the most frustrating aspects of Spanish grammar, but it is also one of the most important for being understood and understanding what others say. By adding Spanish pronouns to your range of language skills, you will open up a whole new world of communication.
With plenty of opportunities for practice, practice, practice, Practice Makes Perfect: The Spanish Subjunctive Up Close helps you better understand the nuances of this often-confusing grammar element and develop your skills and confidence as a Spanish speaker with:Easy-to-absorb explanatory materials, examples, and exercises Authoritative guidance on how to form the four subjunctive tenses and when to use them A comprehensive answer key that not only gives you the correct solutions to the exercises but explains the why behind them
Interactive. Effective. And FUN!
Start speaking Spanish in minutes, and learn key vocabulary, phrases, and grammar in just minutes more with Learn Spanish - Level 2: Absolute Beginner, a completely new way to learn Spanish with ease! Learn Spanish - Level 2: Absolute Beginner will arm you with Spanish and cultural insight to utterly shock and amaze your Spanish-speaking friends and family, teachers, and colleagues.
What you get in Learn Spanish - Level 2: Absolute Beginner:
- 200+ pages of Spanish learning material
- 25 Spanish lessons: dialog transcripts with translation, vocabulary, sample sentences and a grammar section
- 25 Audio Lesson Tracks
- 25 Audio Review Tracks
- 25 Audio Dialog Tracks
This book is the most powerful way to learn Spanish. Guaranteed.
You get the two most powerful components of our language learning system: the audio lessons and lesson notes.
Why are the audio lessons so effective?
- 25 powerful and to the point lessons
- syllable-by-syllable breakdown of each word and phrase so that you can say every word and phrase instantly
- repeat after the professional teacher to practice proper pronunciation
- cultural insight and insider-only tips from our teachers in each lesson
- fun and relaxed approach to learning
- effortlessly learn from bi-lingual and bi-cultural hosts as they guide you through the pitfalls and pleasures of Spanish-speaking countries and Spanish.
Why are the lesson notes so effective?
- improve listening comprehension and reading comprehension by reading the dialog transcript while listening to the conversation
- grasp the exact meaning of phrases and expressions with natural translations
- expand your word and phrase usage with the expansion section
- master and learn to use Spanish grammar with the grammar section
Discover or rediscover how fun learning a language can be with the future of language learning.
And start speaking Spanish instantly!
Easy Spanish Step by Step proves that a solid grounding in grammar basics is the key to mastering a second language. Grammatical rules and concepts are clearly explained in order of importance, and more than 300 verbs and key terms are introduced on the basis of frequency. Numerous exercises and engaging readings help learners quickly build their Spanish speaking and comprehension prowess.