For the airline executives finalizing a merger that would make news in the business world, the nine a.m. meeting would be a major milestone. But after marketing VP Paul Rogan walked into the plush conference room, strapped with explosives, the headlines told of death and destruction instead. The NYPSD’s Eve Dallas confirms that Rogan was cruelly coerced by two masked men holding his family hostage. His motive was saving his wife and daughter—but what was the motive of the masked men?
Despite the chaos and bad publicity, blowing up one meeting isn’t going to put the brakes on the merger. All it’s accomplished is shattering a lot of innocent lives. Now, with the help of her billionaire husband Roarke, Eve must untangle the reason for an inexplicable act of terror, look at suspects inside and outside both corporations, and determine whether the root of this crime lies in simple sabotage, or something far more complex and twisted.
Profiled artists range from the renowned to the little-known: Frida Kahlo; Tina Modotti; Diego Rivera; Myrna Baez; Raquel Forner; Patrocino Barela; and many more. Color photographs are provided for many of the works. Each entry includes information about the artist's childhood, schooling, creative growth, and artistic styles and themes. Exemplary artworks and influences are described, along with a look at popular and critical responses. Supplemental features include artist cross references, a glossary of essential terms from the art world, and a number of vivid photos portraying the artists in their creative environments.
* 300 essays on folk artists from all over the United States, organized alphabetically within geographical region
* Introductory essays for each of the five regional sections
* Numerous photographs of the works of many artists profiled
* A glossary of over 100 terms, such as "quirts" and "whirlygigs"
* A list of museums and galleries by region and a list of artists by media
* An extensive bibliography including works from the fields of folklore, art history, and art criticism, as well as catalogs from major museum and gallery exhibitions
Asian artists from China, Cambodia, Hawaii, Japan, Korea, the Phillipines, Taiwan and Thailand are represented in this volume: -Leo Amino -Thai Bui -Keo Bun -Kip Fulbeck -Jin Soo Kim -Maya Lin -Frank Okada -Rirkirt Tiravanija