Veteran author David Crowder spills the secrets to planning and creating an effective site from the ground up. You’ll decipher ways to transform a bunch of seemingly random web pages into a coherent web site and you’ll discover myriad ways to make your site look and sound amazing.
This updated third edition features content on designing with CSS, using the latest version of Dreamweaver, and applying Web analytics and promotion techniques. In addition, the book covers topics such as:
- Keeping a site fresh and exciting
- Designing a look that appeals to your intended audience
- Determining your Web page structure
- Incorporating color, images, graphics, music, and video
- Merging CSS and HTML
- Planning usable navigation
- Providing guestbooks and message boards
- Designing for e-commerce
- Getting set up with PayPal, Google Checkout, E-cash, etc.
The accompanying CD-ROM provides trial versions of software that is used in the book as well as sample templates and graphics for Web building. Once you start referring to Building a Web Site For Dummies, 3rd Edition, you’ll wonder how you ever existed without this invaluable information!
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.