This book makes absolutely no assumptions about what you know about taking public transportation in New York or elsewhere. Illustrated with more than 70 pictures and figures, this detailed guide breaks down everything you need to know about using the subway — from the ground up. You’ll learn how to read the subway map, properly differentiate between the many subway lines, and identify the correct trains and platforms. Filled with detailed information and many pictures, this guide will alleviate your fear and confusion about taking the subway and allow you to navigate it confidently and effectively so that you can focus on enjoying New York City.
What this guide includes:
- A step-by-step guide on how to use the subway system
- Dealing with weekend and weeknight service changes
- Frequently asked questions about the subway
- 70+ pictures and figures allowing you to visually understand the system
- Tips, tricks, and subway etiquette
- Getting from New York’s three major airports into Manhattan
About the author
Minh T. Nguyen has previously authored Visual Studio .NET Tips and Tricks to great reviews. He currently resides in New York City where he works as a senior software engineer for Google.