This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book.
My Digital Travel for Seniors
Easy, clear, readable, and focused on what you want to do.
Step-by-step instructions for the tasks you care about most
Large, full-color, close-up photos show you exactly what to do
Common-sense help whenever you run into problems
Tips and notes to help you along the way
Take advantage of proven strategies that make travel more affordable, less stressful, and easier to manage with the use of technology that’s readily available to you.
· Learn how to use the discounts you’re entitled to from AARP, AAA, and other organizations when booking any type of travel using your Internet-connected computer, smartphone, or tablet.
· Find and book the lowest airfares using popular travel-related websites and mobile apps.
· Book the best possible accommodations, at the lowest available prices.
· Learn tips for saving money when renting a car, plus how to use other ground transportation options whenever you travel.
· Find and book vacation packages, travel bundles, or all-inclusive vacations without overpaying.
· Book and plan cruise vacations and discounted shore excursions using your computer or mobile device.
· Find low-cost options to accessing the Internet and making calls while traveling abroad, without paying overpriced international roaming charges.
Of the millions of visitors to Walt Disney World each year, more than 15% are 50 or older - a market segment that is booming. This guide is geared to the traveler who measures the success of a vacation by how much he or she enjoys it, not the need to see and do everything. Includes:
* Food, lodging, rides and shows at the Magic Kingdom, Epcot Center, Disney-MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom, and other Disney attractions of interest to adults
* Golf, tennis, and other sports at Disney resorts, Universal Studios and other tourist draws in the Orlando, Florida area
* Special attention to issues of accessibility, varying levels of appeal to older travelers, layout, and convenience
*Advice on approaching the parks differently with or without children and grandchildren
**Note: Because this guide was originally published in 1999, some information may be outdated.**
Clash of the Generations explores this new and increasingly common workplace phenomenon, and provides strategies to help managers navigate this ever more complex maze. Traditionally, older workers would retire and make room for the next generation; instead, Baby Boomers are now prolonging their time in the workplace, yet the successive generations are still coming in. Senior leaders are now left to manage a blended workplace comprised of up to four generations—each with their own ideas of work ethic, work/life balance, long-term career goals, and much more. Management is challenging at the best of times, but the new prevalence of generation gaps—sometimes even layered—add an entirely new dimension to an already complex responsibility. This book presents case studies and interviews with representatives of companies with age-diverse workforces, detailing innovative strategies for smoothing out the bumps and helping everyone work together.
Managers have long wished that their positions came with an instruction manual, and this book delivers with a host of effective inter-generational management strategies illustrated by real-world companies.Manage the multi-generation workplace more effectively Navigate the generational culture clash Adopt proven strategies for helping everyone get along Promote a more positive culture amidst clashing expectations
Every generation in the workplace has value, each has their own strengths, their own weaknesses, and their own unique talents. Each is indispensable, and when they come together as a synergistic force, they can be unstoppable. Effective management means bringing out the best in your workforce, and the strategies presented in Clash of the Generations help you streamline your varied workforce into a team more valuable than the sum of its parts.
The Sell-Your-House, See-the-World Life!
Reunited after thirty-five years and wrestling a serious case of wanderlust, Lynne and Tim Martin decided to sell their house and possessions and live abroad full-time. They've never looked back. With just two suitcases, two computers, and each other, the Martins embark on a global adventure, taking readers from sky-high pyramids in Mexico to Turkish bazaars to learning the contact sport of Italian grocery shopping.
But even as they embrace their new home-free lifestyle, the Martins grapple with its challenges, including hilarious language barriers, finding financial stability, and missing the family they left behind. Together, they learn how to live a life—and love—without borders. Recently featured on NPR's Here and Now and in the New York Times, Home Sweet Anywhere is a road map for anyone who dreams of turning the idea of life abroad into a reality.
Looking for an Alaskan cruise in an intimate, Old World-style ship, or a huge ocean liner that can keep all ages happy during a Caribbean family reunion? Cruise Vacations for Mature Travelers helps you, the traveler, determine what kind of cruise experience fits your personality and then tells you how to find it, describing every cruise line and detailing their fleets, ship by ship, so you can choose the perfect vacation! The book also includes tips on budgeting your trip, as well as the options for booking through travel agents, directly with the company, or online. It even helps you choose the best time to travel and the most comfortable cabins.
A cruise vacation is an adventure. Make the most of it with Cruise Vacations for Mature Travelers!