A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities presents a comprehensive collection of original essays relating to aspects of gender and sexuality in the classical world.
- Views the various practices and discursive contexts of sexuality systematically and holistically
- Discusses Greece and Rome in each chapter, with sensitivity to the continuities and differences between the two classical civilizations
- Addresses the classical influence on the understanding of later ages and religion
- Covers artistic and literary genres, various social environments of sexual conduct, and the technical disciplines of medicine, magic, physiognomy, and dream interpretation
- Features contributions from more than 40 top international scholars