experienced rider Clive Forth, this is a must-have resource for any mountain biker.
• A comprehensive guide – covering the best purpose-built trail centres
• Trail evaluation helps you decide which trail to ride: the grading, the facilities, the ride experience
• Handy size, packed with clear maps, helpful photos and trail description
• Trails from across Britain and Ireland featured.
when you're out on your bike.
The emphasis is firmly on the practical, including changing your chain, adjusting your gears, fixing breaks and mending punctures - skills that a surprising number of riders lack.
There is a section on getting the best out of your bike and your ride - from cornering effectively to wheelies and bunny hops - as well as information on preparation, planning, weather, nutrition and trail etiquette. Last but not least, the book contains a easy-to-follow first-aid section.
Packed with colour photos and
illustrations in a step-by-step format, compact, comprehensive and clear, this is a must-have companion for all mountain bikers heading out on the trail.
The Peak District, with its gentle limestone White Peak and the wilder more dramatic gritstone Dark Peak, offer some superb walking areas.
This guide, produced in co-operation with the Ramblers and featuring Ordnance Survey mapping, is the perfect way to really appreciate the stunning scenery of the Peak District.
• 20 easy to follow walks which can be completed in 3 hours and under.
• Each walk has a detailed 1:25 000 Ordnance Survey map with the route clearly marked plus a detailed description of the route.
• The walks have been chosen with issues like parking and refreshments in mind to make life easy for families.
• Packed with colour photographs of scenes you will see along the walk.
The perfect guide for afternoon walks near to Chesterfield, Sheffield, Matlock, Buxton and Macclesfield.