Exhibition Experiments is a lively collection that considers experiments with museological form that challenge our understanding of - and experience with - museums.
- Explores examples of museum experimentalism in light of cutting-edge museum theory
- Draws on a range of global and topical examples, including museum experimentation, exhibitionary forms, the fate of conventional notions of ‘object’ and ‘representation’, and the impact of these changes
- Brings together an international group of art historians, anthropologists, and sociologists to question traditional disciplinary boundaries
- Considers the impact of technology on the museum space
tackles a range of examples of experimentalism from many different countries, including Australia, Austria, Germany, Israel, Luxembourg, Sweden, the UK and the US
- Examines the changes and challenging new possibilities facing museum studies