The media has named the growing trend toward micro-entrepreneurship "the Rise of the Creative Class," "the Gig Life," or "the freelance economy." All of those refer to the nearly 4 million workers who were self-employed this past year, and millions of others who currently supplement their income with freelance work. While the trend has been spotted before, there's one stark difference between micro-entrepreneurs today and the "Free Agent Nation" citizens of the late '90s: technology. Micro-Entrepreneurship For Dummies shows you how to navigate this confusing technological landscape in order to make a contributable profit.
Micro-Entrepreneurship For Dummies aids you in making the best use of micro-entrepreneurial platforms, with helpful advice that includes information on signing up for and selling products on websites such as Airbnb, Craigslist, Taskrabbit, Uber, and Etsy.
- Micro-enterprise, using online platforms to sell products or services,??is a proven way to earn extra money and supplement household income
- In today's struggling economy, the importance of self-run businesses and small enterprise is growing as more people take lower-paying jobs and need a little extra spending money
- Shows you how to sign up for and sell products online
Micro-Entrepreneurship For Dummies appeals to anyone looking to earn or supplement their income from home.
In today's business world, your bottom line isn't measured by your company's financial performance alone. Social Entrepreneurship For Dummies shows you how to implement social responsibility to your business plan in order to increase your bottom line.
This book helps any social entrepreneur gain the necessary skills needed to change the system and spread the solution, while providing explanations of the most successful business tools being used today.
- A complete reference on the ideas and processes associated with social entrepreneurship
- Provides a foundation and business plan for those looking to create their own socially oriented business venture
Social Entrepreneurship For Dummies gives you the trusted and friendly advice you need to get on your way toward social responsibility!
This fun, easy-to-access guide is full of useful information, tips, and checklists that will help you lead, manage, or participate in any business at a high level of competence. You’ll find out how to use databases to your advantage, recognize and reward your employees, analyze financial statements, and understand the challenges of strategic planning in a global business environment. You’ll also learn the basic principals of accounting, get a grip on the concepts behind stocks and bonds, and find out how technology has revolutionized everything from manufacturing to marketing. Discover how to:
- Know and respond to your customers’ needs
- Handle budgets and forecasts
- Recruit and retain top people
- Establish and run employee teams
- Use Sarbanes-Oxley to your company’s advantage
- Negotiate with the best of them
- Build long-term relationships with clients
- Avoid common managerial mistakes
- Improve cash flow
- Market your products and services
- Make the most of your advertising dollar
Once you know what an MBA knows, the sky’s the limit. Read The Complete MBA For Dummies, 2nd Edition, and watch your career take off!
Crowdsourcing is an innovative way of outsourcing tasks, problems or requests to a group or community online. There are lots of ways business can use crowdsourcing to their advantage: be it crowdsourcing product ideas and development, design tasks, market research, testing, capturing or analyzing data, and even raising funds. It offers access to a wide pool of talent and ideas, and is an exciting way to engage the public with your business.
Crowdsourcing For Dummies is your plain-English guide to making crowdsourcing, crowdfunding and open innovation work for you. It gives step-by-step advice on how to plan, start and manage a crowdsourcing project, where to crowdsource, how to find the perfect audience, how best to motivate your crowd, and tips for troubleshooting.
Important Notice: Media content referenced within the product description or the product text may not be available in the ebook version.
If you’re a business owner who is not a legal expert, Business Contracts Kit For Dummies will provide you with advice, forms, and contracts that will allow you to clearly spell out your business intentions to employees, vendors, and customers. Even if you’ve been in business for a while or are a legal expert, you can still benefit from this book by using the nearly 200 sample contracts and documents contained on the companion CD-ROM.
Using jargon-free language, this easy-to-use guide will introduce you to the basics of contracts and show you how to draft a variety of other legal documents. Business Contracts Kit For Dummies also covers the following topics and much more:
- Forms for businesses big and small
- Understanding the essentials of contracts
- Incorporating your business
- Drafting employment contracts
- Conquering leases, licenses, and loans
- Tackling Web agreements
- Avoiding common contract mistakes
This unique kit is just what you need to make business agreements more agreeable. And, best of all, it gives you dozens of sample contracts on the companion CD-ROM that you can use right away! Nearly 200 examples, checklists, and fill-in-the-blank contracts are all a mouse click away, including articles of incorporation, independent contractor agreements, checklists for office leases, software license agreements, confidentiality agreements, and much more. Business Contracts Kit For Dummies will show you how to cover your assets without making it a full-time job.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Protect your idea, develop a product - and start your business!
Did you have a great idea? Did you do anything about it? Did someone else? Inventing For Dummies is the smart and easy way to turn your big idea into big money. This non-intimidating guide covers every aspect of the invention process - from developing your idea, to patenting it, to building a prototype, to starting your own business.
The Dummies Way
* Explanations in plain English
* "Get in, get out" information
* Icons and other navigational aids
* Tear-out cheat sheet
* Top ten lists
* A dash of humor and fun
Discover how to:
* Conduct a patent search
* Maintain your intellectual property rights
* Build a prototype product
* Determine production costs
* Develop a unique brand
* License your product to another company
Whether you’re just starting out and want to test the viability of your business, or you’re an established business looking to expand your reach, pop-ups offer an exciting and flexible opportunity. They’re a great way to try new business ideas, experiment with a new product, location or market, gain exposure, and learn about your customers - all with limited risk and financial outlay.
Inside Pop-Up Business For Dummies, you’ll find:
- Planning your pop-up venture - whether it’s a shop, studio, gallery, or community hub.
- Finding the right space for you.
- Negotiating with the landlord and sorting out the legalities.
- Fixing up and fitting out your space on a budget.
- Pulling in the punters - advertising and marketing your pop-up.
- Managing a successful pop-up business day-to-day.
- Closing up shop efficiently.
- Lots of case studies, checklists, tips and hints from experienced pop-up people!
Starting a Business For Dummies 2nd edition includes:
- Structuring your business
- Preparing the business plan
- Finding the money and keeping track of finances
- Marketing your wares
- Employing and managing people
- Operating effectively
If you’ve got a great idea for your own business, you need the kind of straightforward advice you’ll find here — the kind of advice you’d normally only get from business schools and MBA courses. Small Business Kit For Dummies, Second Edition covers all the basics on:
- Recent tax law changes
- Balancing your finances
- Hiring and keeping employees
- Effective management strategies
- Accounting fundamentals
In addition to the basics of business, you’ll also find top-class advice on more advanced business basics, like business plans, the ins and outs of contracts, and using the Internet to expand your business. For entrepreneurs large and small, this comprehensive resource offers authoritative guidance on all your biggest business concerns, and offers unbeatable advice on such topics as:
- Choosing your business structure — from LLCs to S corps
- How to develop and write a standard business proposal
- Going public, issuing stock, and keeping a stock ledger
- Raising capital and understanding securities laws
- Bookkeeping standard practices
- Tax basics for small businesses
- Handling the paperwork for new hires
- Designing employee compensation plans
- Working with independent contractors and consultants
- Patent and copyright protections
- Dealing with the Press
In addition, the book includes a CD-ROM full of helpful resources — forms, contracts, and even sample versions of the most popular software for small businesses. With Small Business Kit For Dummies you’ll find all the tools you need to get your small business up and running — and keep it running for years and years to come.