Using extensive real-world examples, John Maver and Cappy Popp reveal why some Facebook applications succeed brilliantly while others fail. Next, they walk through building a complete application using every major component of the Facebook platform. Maver and Popp thoroughly cover Facebook’s most important new features, including Facebook Connect, and provide extensive information available nowhere else–from measuring application success to monetization.
With Pinterest Kickstart, you can kick back and start enjoying the cool features of the unique social networking site that connects you to other users worldwide based on shared tastes and interests. This handy, full-color guide provides you with a quick deep dive into Pinterest—what it is and how to use it; practical projects for individuals and groups; and some advanced techniques. The chapters move you quickly through initial set up to exploring the most popular Pinners to finding other appealing boards to creating your own boards.See how it’s done with tons of color screenshots that offer the same experience you’ll see onscreen 25+ project ideas of different kinds of boards—grouping décor ideas; planning and documenting home improvement projects; planning an event and organizing guests and vendors; fundraising for a non-profit; collecting genealogy information; and more Get undocumented strategies and solutions from “Now You Know” sidebars Learn ways to use Pinterest for your business Take this portable guide anywhere
instructions with callouts to photos that show you exactly what to do
when you run into problems or limitations with LinkedIn
Tips and Notes
to help you take full advantage of LinkedIn
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through making the most of LinkedIn! Learn how to:
• Leverage the vast LinkedIn network, with hundreds of millions of members worldwide
• Create your LinkedIn account, explore the LinkedIn site, and get started fast
• Define your goals and create a profile that helps you achieve them
• Enhance your profile with multimedia content including images, audio, video, and documents
• Connect with people you know—and people you need to know
• Make the most of LinkedIn Messages, InMail™, and Introductions
• Systematically build your professional brand
• Find new jobs, consulting opportunities, and clients
• Optimize and streamline the way you manage contacts
• Request, provide, manage, and revise professional recommendations
• Use endorsements to demonstrate your expertise
• Customize your LinkedIn home page to view the content that’s most relevant to you
• Use LinkedIn Groups for networking, research, and marketing
• Extend the power of LinkedIn with external tools
• Access LinkedIn from mobile devices
• Use LinkedIn to recruit the world’s best talent
• Decide whether to upgrade to a LinkedIn premium account
• Promote your firm with an outstanding LinkedIn Company Page
• Drive maximum value from LinkedIn Ads and Sponsored Updates
Designing Web Interfaces illustrates many patterns with examples from working websites. If you need to build or renovate a website to be truly interactive, this book gives you the principles for success.
This updated edition includes patterns for mobile apps and social media, as well as web applications and desktop software. Each pattern contains full-color examples and practical design advice that you can use immediately. Experienced designers can use this guide as a sourcebook of ideas; novices will find a roadmap to the world of interface and interaction design.Design engaging and usable interfaces with more confidence and less guessworkLearn design concepts that are often misunderstood, such as affordances, visual hierarchy, navigational distance, and the use of colorGet recommendations for specific UI patterns, including alternatives and warnings on when not to use themMix and recombine UI ideas as you see fitPolish the look and feel of your interfaces with graphic design principles and patterns
"Anyone who's serious about designing interfaces should have this book on their shelf for reference. It's the most comprehensive cross-platform examination of common interface patterns anywhere."--Dan Saffer, author of Designing Gestural Interfaces (O'Reilly) and Designing for Interaction (New Riders)
—Andrew Hedges, Tapulous
Companies must develop a new set of organizational competencies: qualitative customer research to better understand customer behaviors and motivations; an open design process to reframe possibilities and translate new ideas into great customer experiences; and agile technological implementation to quickly prototype ideas, getting them from the whiteboard out into the world where people can respond to them.
In Subject to Change: Creating Great Products and Services for an Uncertain World, Adaptive Path, a leading experience strategy and design company, demonstrates how successful businesses can-and should-use customer experiences to inform and shape the product development process, from start to finish.