- A complete walkthrough of the main story, including multiple outcomes
- Guides to specific side quests associated with each settlement
- Reference to important points of interest along the way
- Useful gameplay tips to ensure the best possible start
- Character development guide to the basics, build options and recommended perks
- A comprehensive guide for all regular and hidden achievements
- A fully interactive map with descriptions and screenshots for all map locations
Following the success of The Accidental Billionaires and Moneyball comes Console Wars—a mesmerizing, behind-the-scenes business thriller that chronicles how Sega, a small, scrappy gaming company led by an unlikely visionary and a team of rebels, took on the juggernaut Nintendo and revolutionized the video game industry.
In 1990, Nintendo had a virtual monopoly on the video game industry. Sega, on the other hand, was just a faltering arcade company with big aspirations and even bigger personalities. But that would all change with the arrival of Tom Kalinske, a man who knew nothing about videogames and everything about fighting uphill battles. His unconventional tactics, combined with the blood, sweat and bold ideas of his renegade employees, transformed Sega and eventually led to a ruthless David-and-Goliath showdown with rival Nintendo.
The battle was vicious, relentless, and highly profitable, eventually sparking a global corporate war that would be fought on several fronts: from living rooms and schoolyards to boardrooms and Congress. It was a once-in-a-lifetime, no-holds-barred conflict that pitted brother against brother, kid against adult, Sonic against Mario, and the US against Japan.
Based on over two hundred interviews with former Sega and Nintendo employees, Console Wars is the underdog tale of how Kalinske miraculously turned an industry punchline into a market leader. It’s the story of how a humble family man, with an extraordinary imagination and a gift for turning problems into competitive advantages, inspired a team of underdogs to slay a giant and, as a result, birth a $60 billion dollar industry.
The most complete guide for Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age features all there is to do and see in the world of Erdrea. A step-by-step walkthrough featuring every item, quest and side activity illustrated with gorgeous screenshots.
- Full Walkthrough of the main story-line
- Coverage of every quest
- All mini-games blown open
- A full story walkthrough covering every aspect of Alola's famous Island Challenge.
- Complete encounter tables showing all the Pokémon you can catch in each given location.
- No stone left unturned! Every single sidequest explained and all hidden item locations.
- In-depth gameplay tips for beginners and advanced Pokémon trainers alike.
- Full list of all the Totem Stickers, TMs, Z-Crystals, Z-Moves and more.
- Detailed overview of the various side activities including the new Mantine Surf and Ultra Warp Ride.
- Full postgame walkthrough featuring all the activities you can do after becoming Champion.