This unique reference makes some of the esoteric aspects of this important area of analysis more readily comprehensible to those who deal with analytical instruments but who have not been trained in mass spectrometry. It also serves as a refresher for practicing mass spectroscopists by clarifying principles to afford a better appreciation and application of this technology.
This broad textbook in inorganic mass spectrometry, presents the most important mass spectrometric techniques used in all fields of analytical chemistry. By covering recent developments and advances in all fields of inorganic mass spectrometry, this text provides researchers and students with information to answer any questions on this topic as well as providing the basic fundamentals for understanding this potentially complex, but increasingly relevant subject.
It is a definite must-have work for:
- libraries at academic institutions with Master and Graduate programs in biochemistry, molecular biology, structural biology and proteomics
- individual laboratories with interests covering these areas
- libraries and individual laboratories in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
*Serves as an essential reference to those working in the field
*Incorporates the contributions of prominent experts
*Features comprehensive coverage and a logical structure
* Condenses and organizes recent and essential information for new and experienced GC/MS users
* Comprehensively indexed and referenced
* Includes practical methods of analysis
* Serves as a text reference for short practical courses on the subject
The relatively new and rapidly changing field of redox proteomics has the potential to revolutionize how we diagnose disease, assess risks, determine prognoses, and target therapeutic strategies for people with inflammatory and aging-associated diseases. This collection brings together, in one comprehensive volume, a broad array of information and insights into normal and altered physiology, molecular mechanisms of disease states, and new applications of the rapidly evolving techniques of proteomics.
Written by some of the finest investigators in this area, Redox Proteomics: From Protein Modifications to Cellular Dysfunction and Diseases examines the key topics of redox proteomics and redox control of cellular function, including:
* The role of oxidized proteins in various disorders
* Pioneering studies on the development of redox proteomics
* Analytical methodologies for identification and structural characterization of proteins affected by oxidative/nitrosative modifications
* The response and regulation of protein oxidation in different cell types
* The pathological implications of protein oxidation for conditions, including asthma, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, preeclampsia, and Alzheimer's disease
Distinguished by its in-depth discussions, balanced methodological approach, and emphasis on medical applications and diagnosis development, Redox Proteomics is a rich resource for all professionals with an interest in proteomics, cellular physiology and its alterations in disease states, and related fields.