Fully updated to cover the major new features added in After Effects CC, this edition of the book presents a professional perspective on the most important features a motion graphics artist needs to master in order to use After Effects effectively. You’ll learn to creatively combine layers; animate eye-catching titles; manipulate 3D space; color key, track or rotoscope existing footage to add new elements; and use effects to generate excitement or enhance the realism of a scene. Easy to follow, step-by-step instructions guide you through the features, with explanations of the "why" instead of just the "how" behind each technique. You’ll learn more than just the tools; you’ll learn skills that you can immediately put to work expressing your own ideas in your productions.
USER LEVEL: Novice–Intermediate
Topics include how to:
• Animate, edit, layer, and composite a variety of media.
• Manipulate keyframes and the way they interpolate to create more refined animations.
• Use masks, mattes, stencils and blending modes to add sophistication to your imagery.
• Create, animate, and extrude text and shape layers.
• Explore 3D space, including using CINEMA 4D Lite.
• Use tracking and keying to create special effects, such as replacing screen displays.
A companion website at www.routledge.com/cw/meyer makes available for download all exercise source material and After Effects CC project files required to get the most out of this book.