Jerzy Smardzewski is a full professor of wood technology, since 1986 he has worked at the Department of Furniture Design, Faculty of Wood Technology, Poznan University of Life Sciences, Poland.
Graduating from the Technical School of Wood Technology (secondary school) in 1981 and in 1986 from the Faculty of Wood Technology in Poznan. Since 2002 he has been a full professor of wood technology, speciality of furniture design and since 2008 he has headed the Department of Furniture Design.
Professor Smardzewski has written 6 books, 371 articles, and 11 patent applications teaching subjects such as Construction of furniture, Technology of furniture, Ergonomics of furniture and history of furniture at the university. Since 1997 till 2001 he was a director in office furniture factory at Balma S.A.
This book also:
· Provides a substantial and detailed overview of traditional materials used in structures and civil infrastructure
· Discusses properties of natural and synthetic materials in construction and materials' manufacturing processes
· Addresses topics important to professionals working with structural materials, such as corrosion, nanomaterials, materials life cycle, not often covered outside of journal literature
· Diverse author team presents expect perspective from civil engineering, construction, and architecture
· Features a detailed glossary of terms and over 400 illustrations
The book is structured in nine thematic areas, being
II) Mechanical Connections
III) Glued Joints and Adhesives
IV) Timber and Concrete/Cement/Polymer Composites
V) Cyclic, Seismic Behavior
VI) Hardwood, Modified Wood and Bamboo
VII) Cross-Laminated Timber
VIII) Properties and Testing of Wood
Design management and BIM
Environmental management systems
Recommended document formats
Construction project management activities are tackled in the order they occur on real projects, with reference made to the RIBA Plan of Work and OGC Gateway process throughout. This is the ideal concise reference which no project manager, construction manager, or quantity surveyor should be without.