Windows Phone 7 is the new and improved mobile platform for all Windows smartphones. The new platform has been completely rebuilt from the ground up and this guide walks you through everything that's new, from the look and feel to the underlying code to the revamped home screen and user interface experience. Placing special focus on the features and functionality that is shared across all Windows Phone 7 series models, this fun and friendly book covers a wide range of how-to topics on everything from making simple calls to using your handheld device as a mobile computer.
Windows Phone 7 For Dummies takes your Windows Phone 7 experience to a whole new level!
Technology alone can be intimidating, and the printed documentation and online support that come with a new smartphone can be just as baffling. Thankfully, Samsung Galaxy S 7 For Dummies is here to give you easy-to-follow guidance on all the features and capabilities of this exciting new device. From set up and configuration to texting, emailing, and accessing the Internet, it leaves no stone unturned!
Samsung dominates the global smartphone market and users swear that once you go with the Galaxy S, you never turn back. From the most useful features to the core applications to the techniques to get the most out of the device, this book makes getting to grips with your Samsung Galaxy S7 a snap! Whether you're upgrading from an older model and need new feature details, switching over from another Android or Apple device, or finally trading in that antiquated flip phone, you're about to discover just how fast and easy it is to get up and running on your new smartphone. Maximize camera and video capabilities Stay active with social media Download apps and sync with a PC Expand your phone's potential with new software releases
This is the handy reference you'll want to keep close by as you learn to get the most out of your Galaxy S 7 smartphone!
New and updated features covered include adaptive brightness, always-on "OK Google" detection, app-specific notification blocking, Battery Saver, battery-life prediction, Bluetooth Low Energy, Chromecast screen mirroring, device sharing, double-tap to wake, flashlight, guest users, lock-screen notifications, material design, non-Gmail email accounts, the Overview screen, priority interruptions (do-not-disturb mode), Quick Settings, screen pinning, Settings search, Smart Lock, Tap & Go, vibration, and the redesigned versions of Calendar, Camera, Contacts, Gmail, Hangouts, Maps, Photos, and Settings.
- Covers Android 5 Lollipop.
- Covers all Nexus 7 and Nexus 9 tablets, as well as other pure Android devices, including Nexus 10 and Google Play Edition tablets.
- Master the Home screen, Lock screen, and multitouch gestures.
- Secure your data from thieves, snoops, and rogue apps.
- Locate a lost or stolen Nexus remotely.
- Work with onscreen or wireless keyboards.
- Get instant search results for documents, pictures, music, mail, apps, contacts, settings, and more.
- Summon Google Now to get personalized information when you need it.
- Ask Google Search to find nearby businesses, set alarms, search the web, and more.
- Dictate anywhere that you can type.
- Squeeze out every minute of battery life.
- Connect to wireless networks with a few taps.
- Set up cellular, Bluetooth, and VPN connections.
- Mirror your tablet's screen to your TV.
- Back up your data to the cloud.
- Transfer files to and from your Windows PC or Apple Mac computer.
- Sync your documents, mail, contacts, appointments, reminders, notes, and messages wirelessly across your computers and mobile devices.
- See all your notifications in one place.
- Stop some or all notifications indefinitely or for a fixed duration.
- Browse the web with Chrome.
- Watch and subscribe to videos on the YouTube app.
- Send, receive, and manage all your email with the Gmail app.
- Make free phone calls or chat with friends on Hangouts.
- Post to Twitter or Facebook right from the app you're using.
- Manage your day-to-day life with Contacts, Calendar, Keep, and Clock.
- Find your way with Maps.
- Download apps, games, and updates from the Google Play store.
- Connect to Google's online multiplayer social gaming network.
- Play or cast music, movies, TV shows, and other media downloaded from the Google Play store.
- Capture, edit, and share photos and videos with Camera and Photos.
- Care for your Nexus and troubleshoot problems.
- Plenty of tips, tricks, and timesavers.
- Fully cross-referenced, linked, and searchable.
1. Getting Started with Your Nexus
2. Touring Your Nexus
3. Securing Your Nexus
4. Typing & Editing
5. Wireless & Network Connections
6. Managing Your Accounts & Data
7. Connecting to Computers
8. Getting Notifications
9. Google Now
10. Google Search
11. Browsing the Web with Chrome
12. Watching YouTube Videos
13. Email, Messaging & Keeping in Touch
14. Organizing Your Life
15. Shopping for Apps, Games & Media
16. Maps & Navigation
17. Shooting, Viewing & Managing Photos
18. Nexus Care & Troubleshooting
With the majority of the world's population shifting to urban centres, urban planning—the practice of land-use and transportation planning to help shape cities structurally, economically, and socially—has become an increasingly vital profession. In Urban Planning For Dummies, readers will get a practical overview of this fascinating field, including studying community demographics, determining the best uses for land, planning economic and transportation development, and implementing plans. Following an introductory course on urban planning, this book is key reading for any urban planning student or anyone involved in urban development.
With new studies conclusively demonstrating the dramatic impact of urban design on public psychological and physical health, the impact of the urban planner on a community is immense. And with a wide range of positions for urban planners in the public, nonprofit, and private sectors—including law firms, utility companies, and real estate development firms—having a fundamental understanding of urban planning is key to anyone even considering entry into this field. This book provides a useful introduction and lays the groundwork for serious study.Helps readers understand the essentials of this complex profession Written by a certified practicing urban planner, with extensive practical and community-outreach experience
For anyone interested in being in the vanguard of building, designing, and shaping tomorrow's sustainable city, Urban Planning For Dummies offers an informative, entirely accessible introduction on learning how.
Whether you're seasoned in all things Samsung or get seized up at the thought of learning new technology, this no-nonsense guide makes it fast, easy, and fun to unlock everything your Galaxy S8 has to offer. Starting with the basics, like setup and configuration, and moving on to more advanced topics, like expanding your phone's potential with new software releases, it leaves no stone unturned — offering you the clear and thorough guidance you need to make the most out of every feature and capability available in the Galaxy S8.
There's a reason Samsung dominates the smartphone market — they design and manufacture an undeniably awesome product, and they just keep getting better with each new release. From texting, emailing, and accessing the Internet to taking pictures, watching movies, and downloading apps, the instruction provided in Samsung Galaxy S8 For Dummies will help you become a Samsung samurai in a snap! Use your S8 to stay in touch with calls, text, social media, and email Offers step-by-step instructions for personalizing and securing your phone Helps you troubleshoot common problem Have fun downloading games and apps, watching videos, taking photos, and much more
Now get your Galaxy S8 out of its box and keep this book close by — things are about to get really fun!
Congratulations on your new phone, and welcome to the world of Android! Whether you're an old hat looking to make sense of a new model or a newbie who's too afraid to even take it out of the box, this fun and friendly guide arms you with the knowledge to make your Android phone your minion. Written by popular and bestselling author Dan Gookin, this new edition of Android Phones For Dummies makes it easy to set up and configure your phone, get up and running with texting and emailing, access the Internet, maps, and camera, navigate with GPS, synch with a PC, and so much more.
Approaching all the features of Android phones from the perspective of someone who's either new to technology or wary of working with a new device, this hands-on guide walks you through the basics and moves on to help you tackle more advances features, like dialing tricks to forward calls, working with predictive text, accessing special characters, manipulating the touch screen, and using a USB connection to synchronize your stuff. Set up your phone, get connected, and start browsing Shoot photos and videos, play games, and listen to music Keep in touch using email, texting, and social media Get the scoop on Google Voice typing
If you want to learn the ins and outs of your new Android phone in order to get things done, you've come to the right place!
Looking to land that computer networking position? Look no further! Getting a Networking Job For Dummies offers all the tools and step-by-step guidance you need to stand out from the crowd, get your foot in the door, and secure a job in this fast-growing sector. In no time, you'll get a handle on networking roles, necessary education, training, and certifications, ways to brand yourself for your dream career, and so much more.
These days, computer networking can be a complicated industry, and knowing what you need to do to make yourself an attractive candidate for a coveted networking position can make all the difference. Luckily, Getting a Networking Job For Dummies arms you with everything you need to be one step ahead of the game. Humorous, practical, and packed with authoritative information, this down-to-earth guide is your go-to handbook for scoring that sought-after computer networking position!Find the right organization for you Write a winning resume that gets attention Answer difficult interview questions with confidence Identify required certifications to get the job you want
If you're a prospective computer networking employee looking to present yourself as a strong, competitive candidate in the computer networking market, this hands-on guide sets you up for success.