Get totally comfortable sculpting in a digital environment with the latest edition of this bestselling beginner's guide to ZBrush. Fully updated for the newest version of the software, ZBrush 4R3, this book dispels any fears you might have about the difficulty of using ZBrush and soon has you creating realistic, cartoon, and organic models with flair. Learn all the essentials, as you complete fun tutorials on painting, meshes, organic scripting, hard surface sculpting, lighting, rendering, and more.
- Introduces you to ZBrush, the sculpting software that lets you create digital art with a fine-art feel, which you can transfer into Maya or other 3D applications
- Covers painting, meshes, organic sculpting, hard surface sculpting, textures, lighting, rendering, working with other 3D applications, and scripting
- Walks you through a series of fun and engaging tutorials where you can start creating your own work, including human, cartoon, and organic models
- Fully updated for the newest version of ZBrush, ZBrush 4R3, including full coverage of its robust rendering tools
- Includes a DVD with helpful video examples and files to help you complete the tutorials
Design remarkably realistic creatures, people, and objects with ZBrush and the new edition of this top-selling guide.
The DVD is not included as part of the e-book file, but is available for download after purchase.
ZBrush is used by top artists in Hollywood to model and sculpt characters in such films as Avatar, Iron Man, and Pirates of the Caribbean. In addition, this amazing technology is also used in jewelry design, forensic science, aerospace, video games, toy creation, and the medical field. Written by Pixologic's in-house ZBrush expert Paul Gaboury, this full-color, beautifully illustrated guide provides you with the ultimate tips and tricks to maximize your use of all versions of ZBrush.
- Reveals numerous little-known tips and tricks that exist within ZBrush, but often go unexploited
- Shares an abundance of helpful techniques and insights that the author has acquired from years of helping professional artists in various industries
- Offers dozens of version-neutral solutions and shortcuts in areas such as sculpting, texturing, posing, rendering, and more
- Features "Artist Spotlights" from several ZBrush experts, offering their how-to's for using the feature-rich software in today's studios
Improve your productivity and quality of work with this helpful, easy-to-understand resource.
Creating viable game characters requires a combination of skills. This book teaches game creators how to create usable, realistic game assets using the power of an open-source 3D application and a free game engine. It presents a step-by-step approach to modeling, texturing, and animating a character using the popular Blender software, with emphasis on low polygon modeling and an eye for using sculpting and textures, and demonstrates how to bring the character into the Unity game engine.
- Game creation is a popular and productive pursuit for both hobbyists and serious developers; this guide brings together two effective tools to simplify and enhance the process
- Artists who are familiar with Blender or other 3D software but who lack experience with game development workflow will find this book fills important gaps in their knowledge
- Provides a complete tutorial on developing a game character, including modeling, UV unwrapping, sculpting, baking displacements, texturing, rigging, animation, and export
- Emphasizes low polygon modeling for game engines and shows how to bring the finished character into the Unity game engine
Whether you're interested in a new hobby or eager to enter the field of professional game development, this book offers valuable guidance to increase your skills.
If you already know the basics of Maya, the latest version of this authoritative book takes you to the next level. From modeling, texturing, animation, and visual effects to high-level techniques for film, television, games, and more, this book provides professional-level Maya instruction. With pages of scenarios and examples from some of the leading professionals in the industry, this book will help you master the entire CG production pipeline.
- Provides professional-level instruction on Maya, the industry-leading 3D animation and effects software
- Covers the very latest Maya tools and features, including Dynamics, Maya Muscle, Stereo Cameras, rendering with mental ray, and more
- Offers complete coverage of advanced topics such as cloth, fur, and fluids
- Showcases the techniques of professionals through numerous examples and real-world scenarios, showing you how to set up and manage 3D animation and visual effects pipelines
- Includes a CD with all support files from the book, along with movies to illustrate concepts
If you're looking for an in-depth, professional Maya resource to turn to again and again, Mastering Maya is the book you need.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
For Instructors: Teaching supplements are available for this title.
ZBrush 4 Sculpting for Games: Beginner's Guide : Sculpt Machines, Environments, and Creatures for Your Game Development Projects
[digital] Character Animation 3 is packed with beautiful new artwork and Maestri’s invaluable expert tips. Along with clear instruction on the theory and practice of foundation techniques such as rigging, walk-cycles, and lip-synch–the tutorials and exercises in this book let you practice what you’ve learned. Maestri also offers in-depth information on creating nuanced characters that feel “alive” and win audience empathy and attention. The book’s final chapter guides you through the entire filmmaking process, from story development through voice casting and animation directing.