- Practical ideas for integrating phonics, word study, and conventional spelling in your classroom
- Proven strategies for differentiating instruction to prevent reading difficulties, specifically with English language learners
- New ways to support children who struggle with reading beyond the early grades
- Realistic suggestions for curriculum development, assessment, and articulating the phonics program to parents and the community
- “Ideas to Think and Talk About,” designed for use by both pre- and inservice teachers, to extend personal learning
Written as a primer for educators, Teaching Phonics Today is just as appropriate in a teacher education course as it is for a book study group, offering a contemporary look at phonics instruction, updated terminology and research, and instructional implications in light of current education initiatives.