Christ-centered commentaries. This little work on the two
epistles to the Thessalonians is no exception.
In connection with First and Second Thessalonians the author
has written that, “In the different epistles, God has made rich
provision of spiritual food suitable for every stage of Christian
growth. The Thessalonian Epistles were written to the young
in the faith. Thus we do not fi nd unfolding of the counsels of
God, or of the Mystery of the Church, as in the Ephesians and
Colossians.” In both epistles, the apostle rather, focuses on
the subject of the Lord’s coming.
In the First Epistle the subjects of faith, love, and hope are
brought before us. The apostle comforts these new believers
in revealing the truth of the coming of the Lord for His saints.
In the Second Epistle Paul exposes the error that the “Day
of the Lord ” had already arrived and foretells the apostasy of
Christendom and the manifestation of the man of sin.
Both epistles close with practical exhortations connected
with the walk of the believers as they wait for the coming of
We highly recommend this commentary for both new and older believers alike.
The gospel of our faith is the good news that the kingdom of God has come and Jesus is the Messiah, God’s anointed King. He is the focus of our faith — not only the One upon whom we fix our attention but also the One through whom we view the whole world, to see more clearly and understand God’s purpose with greater wisdom. That is what Paul’s letter to the Jesus believers at Colosse is about. This book is a study of that letter. In it you will learn about:
• The blessing and inheritance God has for you
• The divine power trio: faith, hope and love
• A walk that is worthy, a life that is pleasing and fruitful
• Knowing God more and more
• How all things hold together
• Where all divine fullness dwells
• The reconciliation of heaven and earth
• The good news of God’s pleasure
• The revelation of divine glory in you
• Being rooted and built up in Jesus
• The powers that have been disarmed
• Living from a higher realm
• The Word that qualifies us
• Clothes for your new life
• New life at home and in the community of faith
• The spiral of watchful, thankful prayer
• Walking in wisdom… and more
These are “bite-size” studies to help guide you through Paul’s letter, a little at a time. At the end of each study are focus questions to help you think further about the truths Paul brings. They are open-ended questions to allow for maximum personal reflection and group discussion.