Drawing on his unique, up-to-the-minute experience as one of the most trusted advisors in the business, Passman offers advice concerning:
- The Copyright Royalty Board’s latest decisions regarding online transmissions.
- The developing new customs concerning new technologies such as streaming on demand, ringtones, and digital downloads.
Passman also gives guidance on other fundamental issues such as how to:
- Select and hire a winning team of advisors--personal and business managers, agents, and attorneys--and structure their commissions, percentages, and fees in a way that will protect you and maximize these relationships.
- Master the big picture and the finer points of record deals.
- Navigate the ins and outs of songwriting, music publishing, and copyright law.
- Maximize concert touring and merchandising deals.
Almost everyone in the music business, from musicians and songwriters to entertainment lawyers and record company executives, are scrambling to sort out what is going to happen next, and Passman is right in the thick of these changes. Here is a book for anyone interested in a music career: a comprehensive and crucial guide to making it in one of the world’s most dynamic industries.