This is a pioneering book on using options to generate regular income through non-directional trading, namely making money without really having to predict the underlying stock's or market's direction.
It reveals and explains:
● The concept and nature of non-directional options trading
● Why non-directional trading doesn't require much analysis of charts or price patterns, etc.
● How to construct non-directional option trading strategies
● How non-directional option strategies can easily be repeated to produce a monthly paycheck for the trader
● How to fine tune these strategies to suit your trading style.
The centerpiece of the book is the thorough exposition and analysis of a powerful, tested non-directional options trading strategy. The author dissects the strategy with the help of real life examples and 150+ charts, highlighting how to manage non-directional trades through various stages and situations.
The book will equally benefit directional traders through its lucid explanation of popular options strategies of leveraging, hedging, and speculation – and even for buying stocks cheaper by using options. Plus, of course, it will enable options traders to diversify and generate income through non-directional trading as well.
Balkrishna M. Sadekar is the founder of Profitable Candlestick Charting LLC., an educational company providing training to stock traders in the proper use of candlestick charting and technical analysis. He is also a member of Technical Securities Analyst Association (TSAASF.org), a leading authority for technical analysis in the United States.
With a Masters degree in Engineering, Sadekar has passionately blended technology with investor psychology analysis via candlestick charts. A trader for more than a decade, he has trained and continues training novice and experienced traders in correctly applying trading systems for profiting from equity markets.
Sadekar resides in Richmond, VA in the US and can be reached via his website, www.ProfitableCandlestickCharting.com. His earlier two books, How to Make Money Trading with Candlestick Charts and How to Make Money Trading the Ichimoku System — Guide to Candlestick Cloud Charts, both published by Vision Books, are established bestsellers. This is his third book.
This book explains step-by-step how you can make money by trading the powerful and proven candlestick techniques. Here is how:
● Explanation of major candle signals; how to recognize them and use them effectively
● The underlying market psychology revealed by each candle formation
● How to combine candlestick signals with Western technical analysis to take advantage of high probability trades which generate explosive profits
● Stop loss settings for various candlestick signals for cutting losses. Master this and you will be way ahead of fellow traders
● How the use of candlesticks with technical analysis provides a simple mechanical trading system which eliminates emotional interference, panic and greed
● How to use candlestick charts for making money from longer term trading and investing
● PLUS: Proven, market-tested trading ideas tips and common mistakes to avoid based on the author's rich experience of trading stocks and options.
This book will enable both new traders and experienced traders derive systematic and consistent profits from the market by adding candlestick charting to their trading arsenal.
REVIEWS FOR THE BOOK
"Educative addition to the technical trader's shelf." — The Hindu Business Line
"Clearly explains and reinforces the message of each candlestick pattern, pointing out other details that can help determine success or failure at each occurrence. The real life examples are manifold, well chosen and amplify the lessons being taught. Highly recommended reading for traders in all markets to discover ways of profiting from candlestick trading." — Alan Northcott
"Sadekar's book not only manages to live upto the expectations but probably excels them. Sadekar attempts to keep things simple, and targets the beginner to intermediate level technician as his target audience.
Each type of reversal, consolidation and continuation pattern is tackled in individual chapters and illustrated liberally with charts of Indian stocks. The author leaves ample strategies for the not so active trader, also combining Dow theory tools like trend lines, oscillators and moving averages with the oriental techniques. This gives the reader an immediate advantage of getting the best of both the worlds.
While all chapters are interesting read, chapters 11 & 12 are the highlights of the book as they lay out a simple but actionable game plan for a trader and investor. As if the overall package was not sweet enough, Sadekar has compiled a tear-away candlestick ready-reckoner at the end of the book to identify emerging patterns in real time. At its price, the book is a value buy. All in all, a must read book for every freshman candle sticks trader."
— Vijay L. Bhambwani, Technical Analyst, CEO - BSPLIndia.com
In this book, Ashu explains everything you need to master technical charts. Each of these 15 steps will help you read what the charts are revealing about the market and what and how you should trade. A mastery of charts will hugely improve your trading odds and trading profits:
● How charts reveal the market's collective mood and trading action
● How to use the combination of price, volume and time to confirm price rallies and declines
● How to improve your trades by mastering support and resistance
● How to stop trading losses and protect your gains using stop loss
● How to make money trading accumulation and distribution
● Wait out the head, trade the body and exit at the tail
● How to develop a successful trading plan of your own
● How to read charts for short and long term trading; day trading, swing trading and position trading
● How to find out if a chart may be misleading you
● How to find trades that fit you and will make you money.
PLUS, The Chart Grader Quiz and much, much more!
Ashu Dutt is one of the most visible and respected faces in Indian financial markets. In this book he reveals 15 steps to mastering technical charts used by successful market traders to improve their trading odds:
● Market-tested trading strategies
● Dozens of Trading charts
● Key points highlighted with real-life examples.
Ichimoku Kinko Hyu, commonly referred to as Ichimoku indicator, is one of today’s most powerful trading systems.
A Japanese innovation, like the candlesticks, it can be used with equal success to trade stocks, commodities, futures, currencies and bonds — in fact, to anything that can be charted! Ichimoku also works very well on all time frames, from the weekly all the way down to the one-minute chart.
Loosely translated, Ichimoku chart means a ‘one glance equilibrium’ chart. Due to the unique construction of the Ichimoku cloud, which is the heart of this system, a trader can visually determine in an instant whether a chart is bullish or bearish! Not just that:
● Ichimoku clearly defines support and resistance, identifies trend direction, gauges momentum, and provides trading signals
● It is the only system with a built-in forward looking indicator
● Looking at Ichimoku charts on multiple time frames can offer a tell-all x-ray into the dynamics of any market
● It shows how to correctly time their entry and exit trades
● Most charting platforms today offer Ichimoku as an indicator.
Packed with in-depth analysis of high-probability trading strategies and numerous real-market examples of stocks, derivatives, commodities and currency trades, this book reveals how you can make money using the powerful Ichimoku system, the candlestick cloud charts.
"Guaranteed to make blood boil." —Janet Maslin, New York Times
In Michael Lewis's game-changing bestseller, a small group of Wall Street iconoclasts realize that the U.S. stock market has been rigged for the benefit of insiders. They band together—some of them walking away from seven-figure salaries—to investigate, expose, and reform the insidious new ways that Wall Street generates profits. If you have any contact with the market, even a retirement account, this story is happening to you.
So can you.
This is the first comprehensive book on chart patterns and chart analysis using real-life examples from the Indian market. It explains every significant tradeable pattern, buy and sell signal, and the use of important technical indicators with the help of more than 150 charts of Indian stocks:
● How to make big profits by identifying the ongoing trend and trading with the trend
● How to make mega profits by identifying impending trend reversals and catching big moves in the opposite direction
● How you can reap windfall profits by identifying and trading breakouts from continuation price patterns on charts
● How to use volume to confirm price action
● How to use momentum indicators in conjunction with charts to finesse profitable entries and exits
● How to improve your trading success rate and protect your capital using proven methods of money management
● How charts can help you identify hot sectors and stocks to trade
● Trading rules for various chart patterns.
Written by the bestselling author of How to Make Money Trading Derivatives, this book shows how you too can make money by identifying the market's mood with the help of the various typical patterns that are formed on charts — and by using appropriate trading methods for each pattern. Both novices and professional traders alike will profit from this book, and the lessons it offers are equally applicable whether you trade stocks, derivatives, commodities, currencies, etc.