Four festive tales of the supernatural, apocalyptic and blood-sucking variety—an antidote for anyone who occasionally finds Christmas overly sentimental or commercialised and likes to escape to somewhere darker.
In Ghosts of Christmas Past, a newly-wed couple spend every Christmas in the same remote country cottage. It’s their ‘thing’ and they’re not about to let tragedy get in the way.
In I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, a small boy creeps downstairs to see his mother in the embrace of a crimson-robed stranger. But Jake’s not convinced: since when did Santa have long teeth and red, glinting eyes?
In Rottin’ Around the Christmas Tree, Nia decorates the tree while her parents look on. But this is not just another Christmas—it is the time of The Cleansing, the time when family life and the world as we know it are ending.In Christmas ‘Midst the Zombie Apocalypse, two survivors sit out winter on the edge of an overrun city. Their efforts to enjoy Christmas Day as normally as possible turn out to be a mistake; a potentially fatal one.
Sam Kates writes science fiction, fantasy, horror and general fiction. He lives in the UK. For more information on his books, his blog and to sign up for news, please visit his website at samkates.co.uk
* Beautifully illustrated with images relating to Jacobs’ life and works
* Concise introductions to the novels and other texts
* All 5 novels, with individual contents tables
* Includes the rare novel THE CASTAWAYS, appearing for the first time in digital publishing
* Images of how the books were first published, giving your eReader a taste of the original texts
* Excellent formatting of the texts
* Famous novels and collections are fully illustrated with their original artwork
* All the short story collections in the US public domain
* Special chronological and alphabetical contents tables for the short stories
* Easily locate the short stories you want to read
* Includes Jacobs’ rare plays – available in no other collection
* Scholarly ordering of texts into chronological order and literary genres
Please note: to comply with US copyright restrictions, the story collection SEA WHISPERS cannot appear in this edition. Once new texts enter the US public domain, they will be added as a free update.
Please visit www.delphiclassics.com to browse through our range of exciting titles
A MASTER OF CRAFT
AT SUNWICH PORT
The Short Story Collections
THE SKIPPER’S WOOING AND THE BROWN MAN’S SERVANT
THE LADY OF THE BARGE
The Short Stories
LIST OF SHORT STORIES IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER
LIST OF SHORT STORIES IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER
THE MONKEY’S PAW
BEAUTY AND THE BARGE
THE BOATSWAIN’S MATE
THE GHOST OF JERRY BUNDLER
THE GREY PARROT
IN THE LIBRARY
THE WARMING PAN
A DISTANT RELATIVE
Please visit www.delphiclassics.com to browse through our range of exciting titles or to purchase this eBook as a Parts Edition of individual eBooks
- In his coffin, Uncle Zim doesn’t seem to be as dead as he should be.
- You finally find out Helen's little secret about her solitude.
- Leonard’s wife takes her jealousy of his pet dog a bit too far.
- Dan would do anything to find a cure for his constipation.
- The last battle we fight is the one we do to save humanity.
We already know that there be monsters among us — but sooner or later them horrors will be everywhere.
(Buku Fixi) (Fixi Novo)
Unnatural calm. A silent storm gathers. Extinction beckons.
Survivors from mainland Europe and North America converge on Britain. Weary, confused, all come seeking answers; many come spoiling for a fight.
What began with the Cleansing, and was hastened by the Beacon, nears fruition. Time is running out, and human numbers are too few to win the last battle alone. Unless help can be found from the unlikeliest of allies, failure is assured.
A post-viral planet. Annihilation approaches.
Tom Evans and Ceri Lewis occupy a silent new world. Little more than a million people survived the Cleansing. They are spread out, weak, compelled by a force beyond their comprehension to remain where they are. Humankind teeters on the brink, its fate in the hands of the few who can resist the power that seeks to control them. But resistance may be futile.
In the midst of deathly calm, a new threat arises, one that will finish the job started by the Cleansing. Tom and Ceri face a stark choice: gamble their lives to try to stop activation of the Beacon, or lie low and wait for the human race to be exterminated. Either way, the end seems certain…
Seven billion people inhabit this planet in blissful ignorance of imminent annihilation. Destruction comes, not from meteors or nuclear holocaust, but from a source no one even knows exists.
The architects of doom have long moved among us, hidden in plain sight, waiting for the signal to trigger our extinction.
A handful of survivors, traumatised and bewildered, must come to terms with the new reality. And quickly. For the Cleansing is only the beginning…