For too long we’ve blamed dietary fat for weight gain and health problems. The truth is, a diet that’s high in natural, healthy fats can actually help your body burn fat! That’s the secret behind the ketogenic diet. As you get more of your calories from healthy fats and cut back on carbs, you’ll start burning fat, losing weight, and feeling strong and energetic—without feeling hungry or deprived.
The Keto Diet does away with the “one size fits all” philosophy offering a customizable approach that is tailored to the unique needs of the individual. Leanne provides the tools to empower everyone to develop a personalized nutrition plan, offering limitless options while taking away the many restrictions of a traditional ketogenic diet.
A one-stop guide to the ketogenic way of eating, The Keto Diet shows you how to transition to and maintain a whole foods–based, paleo-friendly, ketogenic diet with a key focus on practical strategies—and tons of mouthwatering recipes.
• Over 125 healthy and delicious whole-food recipes that will help your body burn fat, including:
• Chicken Crisps
• Bacon-Wrapped Mini Meatloaf’s
• Keto Sandwich Bread
• Waldorf-Stuffed Tomatoes
• No Nuts! Granola with Clusters
• Chicken Pot Pie
• Chocolate-Covered Coffee Bites
• Five 28-day meal plans that walk you through a month of eating keto
• Tools to make your high-fat life a breeze including guides for your favorite grocery stores, yes/no food lists, food sensitivity replacements, how to go dairy-free to reduce inflammation, and more.
The Keto Diet will help you gain energy, lose weight, improve your health, and turn you into the ultimate fat-burning machine—all without restricting or even counting calories. You’ll have all the tools you need to fall in love with your body and banish your fear of fat forever!
Craig and Maria Emmerich have partnered to write a book that goes well beyond the typical ketogenic recipes to create a book that digs deep into the science of ketogenic dieting, explains how dozens of diseases can be cured or controlled through ketogenic dieting, and how ketogenic diets are fueling a new breed of athlete.
The Keto Book is the definitive resource to the ketogenic lifestyle. Inside, you'll learn
- How cancer, obesity, metabolic syndrome, coronary artery disease, high cholesterol, Alzheimer's, dementia, ADHD, anxiety, and depression can all be beaten into submission by making some simple, yet impactful, changes to your diet.
- How cholesterol and diabetes medications could very well be making you sicker rather than better.
- How generations of bad advice—advice designed to sell sugar not health—has killed millions who blindly trusted the medical community and worse still, the government, to tell them the truth.
- How overconsumption of carbohydrates is both bad for your health and could be at the root of what ails you.
- How changing your inputs—the foods you eat—can change your outputs, meaning the quality of life that you live.
- How reductions in fat consumption have led to a tripling of diabetes patients, sharp increases in the number of cancer patients, increases in ADHD, and a meteoric rise in heart disease rates. If we are to assume that eliminating fat from our diets is the key to good health, why then are more and more people who’ve followed this advice dying from food-related diseases?
- How inflammation is at the root of many diseases, and how modern diets that are rife with sugar, carbs, and omega-6 oils are sending us to early graves.
- How hormones control mood swings, sex drive, blood sugar levels, muscle tone, fat-burning ability, metabolism, the immune system, and much more—and how adopting a ketogenic lifestyle will change your waistline and your life!
- How to stock your pantry with the right foods and make meal plans that are delicious, easy to follow, and most importantly, are the pathway to a longer, healthier life.
- How you can build muscle and perform your best on a low-carb, high-fat diet. No, we're not making that up!
So, enjoy that slab of bacon. Gnaw on that rib bone. And say "no" to that plate of "heart-healthy" pasta. New York Times bestselling author, Maria Emmerich and husband, Craig, are going to take you on a journey to a new life—one that helps you lose weight, build muscle, and live the life nature intended you to live!
Not only has fast food reached into the toy industry, it’s moving into our schools. One out of every five public schools in the United States now serves brand name fast food. But do kids know what they’re eating? Where do fast food hamburgers come from? And what makes those fries taste so good?
When Eric Schlosser’s best-selling book, Fast Food Nation, was published for adults in 2001, many called for his groundbreaking insight to be shared with young people. Now Schlosser, along with co-writer Charles Wilson, has investigated the subject further, uncovering new facts children need to know.
In Chew On This, they share with kids the fascinating and sometimes frightening truth about what lurks between those sesame seed buns, what a chicken ‘nugget’ really is, and how the fast food industry has been feeding off children for generations.
Inside you'll find:
• Meal prep tips and tricks to make cooking easier
• Motivational moments to keep you going
• Journal space to track your experience and progress
• More than 50 mouthwatering recipes that won't leave you feeling deprived
• Recommended products and brands to make your 21DSD easier
• … and so much more!
Beginning one week before your 21-Day Sugar Detox and wrapping up one week after, you'll be guided completely through the process of stripping sugar, sweet foods, and "bad carbs" out of your life. You'll learn how best to prepare yourself for the program and ease into the change, as well as how to ease out and incorporate what you've learned while on the program into your everyday life thereafter.
Since 2010, the 21-Day Sugar Detox has helped hundreds of thousands of people bust sugar and carb cravings through the original book, cookbook, online program, website (at 21daysugardetox.com), Certified 21DSD Coaches, and various social media platforms. Now you can dive into the Detox with confidence, knowing that you'll be guided every step of the way!