The book has a big focus on fitness, because the Microsoft Band and the companion Microsoft Health app are both very focused on fitness. But just like other smart watches, and unlike many fitness bands, the Microsoft Band can also help you become better connected (by displaying incoming messages, calendar, and social media notifications) and more productive.
In this book you will learn about...
* How to set up and work with the Microsoft Band.
* The Microsoft Band's fitness functions.
* The Microsoft Health iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone apps.
* The Microsoft Health web site, and the complementary Health Vault health-tracking web site.
* The Microsoft Band's non-fitness functions that make it more of a smartwatch than a mere fitness-tracking band.
You will also learn about the author's first steps to better health, better connectedness, and greater productivity.