Classical Electromagnetism in a Nutshell is ideal for a yearlong graduate course and features more than 300 problems, with solutions to many of the advanced ones. Key formulas are given in both SI and Gaussian units; the book includes a discussion of how to convert between them, making it accessible to adherents of both systems.
- Offers a complete treatment of classical electromagnetism
- Emphasizes physical ideas
- Separates the treatment of electromagnetism in vacuum and material media
- Presents key formulas in both SI and Gaussian units
- Covers applications to other areas of physics
- Includes more than 300 problems