BethAnne Paulsrud is Postdoctoral Researcher at the Centre for Research on Bilingualism at Stockholm University, Sweden. Her research interests include multilingualism and language policy in education, English-medium instruction and linguistic ethnography.
Jenny Rosén is Assistant Professor in Language Education at Stockholm University, Sweden, and her research interests include multilingualism in educational settings, diversity and identity.
Boglárka Straszer is Assistant Professor in Swedish as a Second Language, Dalarna University, Sweden, and her research interests include multilingualism in various immigrant and minority language settings, language attitudes and identity.
Åsa Wedin is Professor in Educational Work at Dalarna University, Sweden, and her research interests include literacy and multilingualism.
• Greater attention to technological advances and global trends impacting and impacted by bilingualism.
• New trends and issues in bilingual education, including recent research on the effectiveness of different types of bilingual education.
• Issues in the assessment of bilinguals.
• The latest thinking on identity and bilingualism.
• Recent developments in brain imaging research.
• Discussion of the latest terms in bilingualism research including dynamic bilingualism, translanguaging, transliteracy and superdiversity, in addition to an enhanced look at multilingualism.
Students and instructors will benefit from new features including:
• A comprehensive glossary.
• A condensed and updated bibliography.
• Updated international examples of policy, research and practice.
• The addition of web resources and discussion questions.
• Fully revised study activities and recommended reading.