The Emotional Eater's Book of Inspiration: 90 Truths You Need to Know to Overcome Your Food Addiction
The GDA Diet has been compiled from over 20,000 supermarket products, making it the most comprehensive and varied diet ever! It is full of tips for real people, living busy lives with recommendations for people on budgets, the time pressed and vegetarians, so there are really no more excuses not to eat well and be healthy.
Follow the simple guidelines in this diet and you'll confidently be able to break free from the 'yo-yo diet cycle.' This is your passport to a lifetime of permanent weight control and better health.
Are you a sugar addict? Beating Sugar Addiction For Dummies provides you a safe and healthy path to overcome your addiction, eliminate stress eating, and upgrade your nutrition for a healthier lifestyle.
Sugar addiction is a rapidly growing epidemic that can lead to obesity, chronic fatigue, diabetes, and a host of other medical and psychological problems. Beating Sugar Addiction For Dummies helps those who are affected by this commonly overlooked addiction to outsmart their sugar cravings and overcome their addiction. The tips in this book will help you:
- Learn to stop stress eating and perform a nutrition makeover that makes the low-sugar lifestyle easy!
- Stop the frustration of yo-yo dieting, and finally find an eating plan that works.
- Free yourself from the grip of sugar addiction and regain control over your life.
Beating Sugar Addiction For Dummies contains everything you need to start your journey down the road to wellness:
- Four common types of sugar addicts – which one are you?
- Finally understand carbs, protein, and fat with a simple nutrition system for weight loss and healthy eating, including what to choose and what to stay away from
- Detoxing from sugar and performing a kitchen makeover
- Eating mindfully – making purposeful decisions instead of stress eating
- How to survive holidays, restaurants, and special occasions
- Building a support system
- Exercise programs for energy and weight loss
- Speedy low-sugar recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and desserts
- Staying on track and breaking the cycle of failure – including a step-by-step list of exactly what to do when a sugar craving strikes!
If you're one of the millions of people worldwide who relies too much on sugar for energy, comfort, or convenience, Beating Sugar Addiction For Dummies is your no-nonsense guide to decreasing your sugar intake, losing weight, and changing your life for the better!
People with diabetes often believe that they cannot enjoy rich, delicious-tasting cooking--such as desserts. Professor, chef, and dietitian Sandy Kapoor proves them wrong, showing those who suffer from diabetes how they can fit desserts into a healthy plan of eating. Presenting over 200 mouth-watering recipes that anyone will enjoy, Kapoor teaches the reader to use healthy dessert cooking techniques and ingredients to transform high-fat, high-cholesterol, and high-sugar desserts into scrumptious healthy versions.
Sandy Kapoor, PhD, RD, FADA (San Marino, CA), is a trained chef from the Culinary Institute of America, a registered dietitian, and a Fellow of the American Dietetic Association. She is the author of Professional Healthy Cooking (Wiley: 0-471-53839-6) and Healthy and Delicious:400 Professional Recipes (Wiley: 0-471-31877-9).
Created especially for the Australian customer!
A guide to the medical, emotional, legal and financial aspects of IVF and life after treatment
Are you trying for a baby but suspect you may have an infertility problem and need IVF to conceive? IVF & Beyond For Dummies gives you clear advice on the causes of infertility, getting ready for IVF, the steps involved in treatment and managing the ups and downs of this difficult time. This comprehensive guide also prepares you for life post-IVF.
- Find out why you can't fall pregnant -- learn about the causes of infertility and what it takes to get a diagnosis
- Improve your chances of IVF success -- change your lifestyle to boost your fertility
- Understand IVF step-by-step -- get detailed, easy-to-follow explanations of what happens in a treatment cycle
- Navigate the system -- educate yourself about the legal and financial realities of IVF
- Take charge -- be empowered to make informed decisions about your IVF treatment
- Manage treatment stress -- discover strategies for surviving the emotional turmoil of IVF
- Help a friend -- get advice on how to support a loved one who's undergoing IVF
- Enjoy life after IVF -- find out what's special about being pregnant, giving birth and parenting after IVF