Marina Johnson, MD, FACE is the Founder and Medical Director of the Institute of Endocrinology and Preventive Medicine located in Irving, a suburb of Dallas, Texas. The mission of the Institute is to engage the patient in the active pursuit of optimal health and to provide personalized superlative care with an emphasis on preventive medicine and healthy aging. Dr Johnson is board-certified in endocrinology and metabolism and in internal medicine. While she has a special interest in menopause, she also treats patients with disorders related to thyroid, growth hormone, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), testosterone, and hyperlipidemia. Dr Johnson earned her undergraduate degree in Pharmacy from the University of Houston. She then became Assistant Editor of the American Hospital Formulary Service-Drug Information (AHFS-DI), a drug reference book published by the American Society of Hospital Pharmacists. AHFS-DI is a non-commercial drug compendium with a long-standing record in evidence-based evaluation of information on drug use. It’s been officially adopted by the US Public Health Service and recommended by the American College of Physicians as part of a library for internists. She researched the medical literature and prepared comprehensive monographs on each drug. Dr Johnson earned her MD from the University of California at Los Angeles and completed an internal medicine residency at UCLA/St Mary’s Medical Center in Long Beach, California. She completed her fellowship in endocrinology and metabolism at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. After two years at the City of Hope research hospital she returned to Texas. After one year at Kaiser Permanente in Dallas, she set up her private medical practice. In writing Outliving Your Ovaries, Dr Johnson has utilized her skills as an endocrinologist, pharmacist, and medical writer to research over 430 articles from main-stream peer-reviewed medical journals so that women and their physicians can see there is a sound, scientific basis for her recommendations. Adding her wealth of clinical experience from over two decades of medical practice gives further clinical relevance to the book. Armed with this information, a woman can be in a better position to consult with her own physician and decide if bioidentical HRT is right for her.
Menopause is a very complex and confusing subject. It’s about time truly authoritative experts wrote a readable, comprehensive, up-to-date, and understandable 2006 guidebook not for other doctors, but for the menopausal woman herself. Finally! .....entertaining, creatively and insightfully written, devoid of sleep-inducing academic boring monotony, and from a menopausal woman’s point of view. Indeed, this is the first book written for women which clearly separates fact from fiction now four years post-WHI study. It includes very important new 2006 findings on menopause. This book is written because of INTENSE AND OVERWHELMING DEMAND women have for accurate information.
Since the Women’s Health Initiative (WHI) Study was published in July 2002, the world of health care decision making has been turned upside down. The clanking of trash cans was deafening worldwide when millions of women tossed their hormonal medications. Immediately, physicians’ phones rang off the hook. A panic-striken confused public of sleep-deprived, anxious menopausal women began to descend on doctors’ consultation rooms waving hand fans searching for answers.
The perfect Category Five Menopausal Storm had been set into motion. Three conspiring fronts had converged simultaneously: 1) an Internet information savvy baby boomer generation just starting menopause, 2) the premature release of a well done but flawed landmark study on menopause, and 3) a journalistic media hell bent on lightening-like dissemination of the scariest information possible for maximum shock effect.
Menopausal women are sick and tired of getting health care information from the media. MENOPAUSE, JUST THE FACTS, MA'AM is a book written just for these women. Dr. Neil C. Boland is a board-certified seasoned practicing Ob/Gyn Physician and Menopausal Medicine Specialist. Linda LaVelle is a practicing aesthetician of the highest caliber who is menopausal herself. She shares her personal and professional experiences in a delightfully humorous style. It’s really about time! Website:
Mitral Valve Repair and the recently published Aortic Root Surgery are book publications arising from the Berlin Heart Valve Symposium 2008 entitled “ The Biological Solution”. The Mitral Valve Repair session was postponed to June 2009 and was featured as the Berlin Mitral Valve Symposium at the joint meeting of the Society for Heart Valve Diseases and the Heart Valve Society of America in Berlin. The book contains a collection of proceedings on current techniques and outcomes of mitral valve repair by many of the experts in this field which provide an authoritative reference source for cardiac surgeons, family practitioners and clinicians.
If you want to get muscular, lean, and strong as quickly as possible without steroids, good genetics, extreme dieting, or wasting ridiculous amounts of time in the gym . . . regardless of your age . . . you want to read this book.
Here’s the deal:
Building muscle and burning fat isn't as complicated as the fitness industry wants you to believe. This book is the shortcut.
- You don't need to: Spend hundreds of dollars per month on the worthless supplements that steroid-fueled bodybuilders "swear by." Most pills and powders do absolutely nothing.
- You don't need to: Constantly change up your weightlifting routine to gain muscle mass quickly and effectively. Muscle building is much simpler than that.
- You don't need to: Waste a couple of hours in the gym every day grinding through grueling workouts. In fact, this is a great way to get nowhere.
- You don't need to: Slog away at boring cardio to shed ugly belly fat and get a six-pack. In fact, you don't have to do any cardio to get the body you really want.
- You don't need to: Obsess over "clean eating" and avoiding "unhealthy" foods to get ripped. Instead, you can get the body you want eating the foods you love.
Those are just a few of the harmful lies and myths that keep guys from ever achieving the lean, muscular, strong, and healthy bodies they truly desire.
And in this book you’re going to learn something most guys will never know . . .
The exact methods of diet and training that make putting on 10 to 15 pounds of quality lean mass a breeze . . . and it only takes a few months.
Here are just a few of the things you're going to discover in this book:
- The 10 biggest fat loss and muscle building myths and mistakes that keep guys fat, weak, and frustrated.
- The 3 scientific laws of muscle growth and fat loss that literally force your body to get bigger, leaner, and stronger. You'll be shocked at how easy it really is to build muscle and lose fat once you know what you're doing.
- How to create flexible diet plans that help you transform your body composition eating the foods you love...and without ever feeling starved, deprived, or like you're "on a diet."
- A paint-by-numbers training system that will help you build a big, full chest . . . a wide, tapered back . . . thick, powerful legs . . . and strong, bulging arms . . . spending no more than 3 to 6 hours in the gym every week...doing challenging, fun workouts that you enjoy.
- A no-BS guide to supplements that will show you what works and what doesn’t, saving you hundreds if not THOUSANDS of dollars each year on pills and powders.
- And a whole lot more!
Imagine . . . just 12 weeks from now . . . being constantly complimented on how great you look and asked how the heck you're doing it . . .
Imagine enjoying the added benefits of high energy levels, no aches and pains, better spirits, and knowing that you're getting healthier every day . . .
The bottom line is you CAN get that "Hollywood hunk" body without following boring, bland “bodybuilder” diets or living in the gym. This book shows you how.
SPECIAL BONUSES FOR READERS
With this fitness book, you'll also get a FREE 56-page reference guide with all of the book’s key takeaways, a year’s worth of Bigger Leaner Stronger workouts, 10 premade meal plans for cutting and lean bulking, and more!
So, scroll up, click the "Buy" button now, and begin your journey to a bigger, leaner, and stronger you!