This book reveals how you can make extraordinary returns from mutual funds — far beyond the steady, tortoise-like index parity trot most investors are used to. The key lies in grasping the point that mutual funds deliver only when the markets are rising. You lose money by holding on to them in down markets. So, the conventional mutual fund mantras of all-weather regular investing through systematic investment plans and long term holding won’t make you rich. Mutual funds are a short term game. To make a fortune, you need to time your mutual fund investments, and you need to trade mutual funds.
The unique benefits of mutual fund investing are widely known. You profit from a diversified portfolio of financial assets — stocks, bonds, commodities, etc. — managed by an expert fund manager. Going much beyond fund mechanics and the familiar methods of investing in mutual funds, the book shows you how to make a fortune by applying the strategic power of mutual funds.
● Secrets of profitable mutual fund investing
● Benefits — and risks — of mutual fund investing
● Why choosing the fund manager is your single most important decision — and how to choose one
● How to pick the right funds for different market conditions
● How to time your mutual fund entries and exits
● When do different types of funds perform best — active equity funds, index funds, ETFs, income funds, gilt funds, commodity funds, real estate funds
● Mutual fund investing strategies — and when to use which
● How to trade mutual funds to leverage your returns
● How to develop your skills of picking high return mutual funds and quickly exiting the duds.
● And, much else!
ASHU DUTT is one of the best known faces in Indian financial markets. He is the author of numerous best selling finance books and has anchored some of India’s marquee programs on financial markets, including for CNBC TV 18, NDTV and Bloomberg.
Ashu holds an MBA from Bernard M. Baruch College, City University of New York, New York and has held several key positions at top tier investment and corporate firms around the world.
"Full-time trading can make you very rich," says market guru and bestselling author, Ashu Dutt.
Indeed, professional traders are some of the richest people in the world. Not just that. Trading as a profession gives you both financial freedom and the independence to live your life the way you want. This book will serve as your reference and guide on how to start and succeed as a professional trader.
Trading for a living is very different from part-time trading. Professional trading requires a combination of a certain psychological make-up, technical skills and discipline; combine these three and you have a rewarding profession. And in this book, Ashu describes what it takes to become a successful full-time trader. He also reveals time-tested and market-proven trading strategies, secrets and techniques that can make you very rich:
● Steps to becoming a successful professional trader
● How to set your trading goals
● How to develop trading plans that work in different market conditions
● How to pick winning trades
● How to control trading risks
● How to control your emotions when trading
● How to master technical charts without getting lost in the minutiae
● What to do when you have been losing money for some time
● The golden rules for day trading, swing trading and position trading
PLUS: 14 self-assessment tests to help you measure your trading prowess.
What also makes this book special is Ashu's ability to show you how and when to apply all the trading wisdom packed in this book, highlighting key points with numerous real-life examples.
COME, FIND OUT HOW PROFESSIONAL TRADING CAN TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE . . .
"Guaranteed to make blood boil." —Janet Maslin, New York Times
In Michael Lewis's game-changing bestseller, a small group of Wall Street iconoclasts realize that the U.S. stock market has been rigged for the benefit of insiders. They band together—some of them walking away from seven-figure salaries—to investigate, expose, and reform the insidious new ways that Wall Street generates profits. If you have any contact with the market, even a retirement account, this story is happening to you.
In this book, Ashu explains everything you need to master technical charts. Each of these 15 steps will help you read what the charts are revealing about the market and what and how you should trade. A mastery of charts will hugely improve your trading odds and trading profits:
● How charts reveal the market's collective mood and trading action
● How to use the combination of price, volume and time to confirm price rallies and declines
● How to improve your trades by mastering support and resistance
● How to stop trading losses and protect your gains using stop loss
● How to make money trading accumulation and distribution
● Wait out the head, trade the body and exit at the tail
● How to develop a successful trading plan of your own
● How to read charts for short and long term trading; day trading, swing trading and position trading
● How to find out if a chart may be misleading you
● How to find trades that fit you and will make you money.
PLUS, The Chart Grader Quiz and much, much more!
Ashu Dutt is one of the most visible and respected faces in Indian financial markets. In this book he reveals 15 steps to mastering technical charts used by successful market traders to improve their trading odds:
● Market-tested trading strategies
● Dozens of Trading charts
● Key points highlighted with real-life examples.
Day trading is undoubtedly the most exciting way to make your own money. Before you begin, you need three things: patience, nerves of steel, and a well-thumbed copy of Day Trading For Dummies.
This plain-English guide shows you how day trading works, identifies its all-too-numerous pitfalls, and gets you started with an action plan. From classic and renegade strategies to the nitty-gritty of daily trading practices, it gives you the knowledge and confidence you'll need to keep a cool head, manage risk, and make decisions instantly as you buy and sell your positions.Expanded coverage of day trading resources and sites availableHelp choosing an online broker in the current marketNew trading productsUpdated information on SEC rules and regulations (and tax laws)New investment optionsUpdated examples that reflect current market and economic conditions
Read Day Trading For Dummies and get the tips, guidance, and solid foundation you need to succeed in this thrilling, lucrative, and rewarding career!
"Trading is one of the most rewarding occupations. If you can master chart reading and self-control, you have an unbelievable edge over others in the market."In this conversational, easy-to-read book, Ashu reveals 22 stock market trading secrets to help you make big profits — secrets rooted in his decades of real-life market experience, secrets tested for their effectiveness, secrets that will give you that elusive trading edge:
● How to identify and trade the head of the price move for maximum profits
● Secrets of trading supports and resistance
● Rules for profitable entries and exits
● The never-nevers of successful trading – and the trading minefields to beware of
● The different types of market rallies and market falls – and how to profit from them
● How the right alignment of price, volume and time spells big profits
● All about stop losses
● How to profitably trade gaps — and when to stay out of the market
● How to prepare your mind for trading success
● The vital importance of money management and trading discipline.
PLUS, much, much more...
What makes this book so special is Ashu's ability to get under the hood and show you how and when to use all the money-making trading wisdom packed in this book, highlighting key points with numerous real-life market examples and trading anecdotes.
Ashu Dutt is one of the most visible and respected faces in Indian financial markets. In this book he reveals the trading secrets and techniques that are typically the domain of big market players:
● 22 Trading Secrets
● Dozens of Trading Rules
● Numerous Profit-Making Action and Caution Triggers