This book reveals how you can make extraordinary returns from mutual funds — far beyond the steady, tortoise-like index parity trot most investors are used to. The key lies in grasping the point that mutual funds deliver only when the markets are rising. You lose money by holding on to them in down markets. So, the conventional mutual fund mantras of all-weather regular investing through systematic investment plans and long term holding won’t make you rich. Mutual funds are a short term game. To make a fortune, you need to time your mutual fund investments, and you need to trade mutual funds.
The unique benefits of mutual fund investing are widely known. You profit from a diversified portfolio of financial assets — stocks, bonds, commodities, etc. — managed by an expert fund manager. Going much beyond fund mechanics and the familiar methods of investing in mutual funds, the book shows you how to make a fortune by applying the strategic power of mutual funds.
● Secrets of profitable mutual fund investing
● Benefits — and risks — of mutual fund investing
● Why choosing the fund manager is your single most important decision — and how to choose one
● How to pick the right funds for different market conditions
● How to time your mutual fund entries and exits
● When do different types of funds perform best — active equity funds, index funds, ETFs, income funds, gilt funds, commodity funds, real estate funds
● Mutual fund investing strategies — and when to use which
● How to trade mutual funds to leverage your returns
● How to develop your skills of picking high return mutual funds and quickly exiting the duds.
● And, much else!
ASHU DUTT is one of the best known faces in Indian financial markets. He is the author of numerous best selling finance books and has anchored some of India’s marquee programs on financial markets, including for CNBC TV 18, NDTV and Bloomberg.
Ashu holds an MBA from Bernard M. Baruch College, City University of New York, New York and has held several key positions at top tier investment and corporate firms around the world.
"Full-time trading can make you very rich," says market guru and bestselling author, Ashu Dutt.
Indeed, professional traders are some of the richest people in the world. Not just that. Trading as a profession gives you both financial freedom and the independence to live your life the way you want. This book will serve as your reference and guide on how to start and succeed as a professional trader.
Trading for a living is very different from part-time trading. Professional trading requires a combination of a certain psychological make-up, technical skills and discipline; combine these three and you have a rewarding profession. And in this book, Ashu describes what it takes to become a successful full-time trader. He also reveals time-tested and market-proven trading strategies, secrets and techniques that can make you very rich:
● Steps to becoming a successful professional trader
● How to set your trading goals
● How to develop trading plans that work in different market conditions
● How to pick winning trades
● How to control trading risks
● How to control your emotions when trading
● How to master technical charts without getting lost in the minutiae
● What to do when you have been losing money for some time
● The golden rules for day trading, swing trading and position trading
PLUS: 14 self-assessment tests to help you measure your trading prowess.
What also makes this book special is Ashu's ability to show you how and when to apply all the trading wisdom packed in this book, highlighting key points with numerous real-life examples.
COME, FIND OUT HOW PROFESSIONAL TRADING CAN TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE . . .
"Guaranteed to make blood boil." —Janet Maslin, New York Times
In Michael Lewis's game-changing bestseller, a small group of Wall Street iconoclasts realize that the U.S. stock market has been rigged for the benefit of insiders. They band together—some of them walking away from seven-figure salaries—to investigate, expose, and reform the insidious new ways that Wall Street generates profits. If you have any contact with the market, even a retirement account, this story is happening to you.
In this book, Ashu explains everything you need to master technical charts. Each of these 15 steps will help you read what the charts are revealing about the market and what and how you should trade. A mastery of charts will hugely improve your trading odds and trading profits:
● How charts reveal the market's collective mood and trading action
● How to use the combination of price, volume and time to confirm price rallies and declines
● How to improve your trades by mastering support and resistance
● How to stop trading losses and protect your gains using stop loss
● How to make money trading accumulation and distribution
● Wait out the head, trade the body and exit at the tail
● How to develop a successful trading plan of your own
● How to read charts for short and long term trading; day trading, swing trading and position trading
● How to find out if a chart may be misleading you
● How to find trades that fit you and will make you money.
PLUS, The Chart Grader Quiz and much, much more!
Ashu Dutt is one of the most visible and respected faces in Indian financial markets. In this book he reveals 15 steps to mastering technical charts used by successful market traders to improve their trading odds:
● Market-tested trading strategies
● Dozens of Trading charts
● Key points highlighted with real-life examples.
This book explains step-by-step how you can make money by trading the powerful and proven candlestick techniques. Here is how:
● Explanation of major candle signals; how to recognize them and use them effectively
● The underlying market psychology revealed by each candle formation
● How to combine candlestick signals with Western technical analysis to take advantage of high probability trades which generate explosive profits
● Stop loss settings for various candlestick signals for cutting losses. Master this and you will be way ahead of fellow traders
● How the use of candlesticks with technical analysis provides a simple mechanical trading system which eliminates emotional interference, panic and greed
● How to use candlestick charts for making money from longer term trading and investing
● PLUS: Proven, market-tested trading ideas tips and common mistakes to avoid based on the author's rich experience of trading stocks and options.
This book will enable both new traders and experienced traders derive systematic and consistent profits from the market by adding candlestick charting to their trading arsenal.
REVIEWS FOR THE BOOK
"Educative addition to the technical trader's shelf." — The Hindu Business Line
"Clearly explains and reinforces the message of each candlestick pattern, pointing out other details that can help determine success or failure at each occurrence. The real life examples are manifold, well chosen and amplify the lessons being taught. Highly recommended reading for traders in all markets to discover ways of profiting from candlestick trading." — Alan Northcott
"Sadekar's book not only manages to live upto the expectations but probably excels them. Sadekar attempts to keep things simple, and targets the beginner to intermediate level technician as his target audience.
Each type of reversal, consolidation and continuation pattern is tackled in individual chapters and illustrated liberally with charts of Indian stocks. The author leaves ample strategies for the not so active trader, also combining Dow theory tools like trend lines, oscillators and moving averages with the oriental techniques. This gives the reader an immediate advantage of getting the best of both the worlds.
While all chapters are interesting read, chapters 11 & 12 are the highlights of the book as they lay out a simple but actionable game plan for a trader and investor. As if the overall package was not sweet enough, Sadekar has compiled a tear-away candlestick ready-reckoner at the end of the book to identify emerging patterns in real time. At its price, the book is a value buy. All in all, a must read book for every freshman candle sticks trader."
— Vijay L. Bhambwani, Technical Analyst, CEO - BSPLIndia.com
The Little Book of Common Sense Investing is the classic guide to getting smart about the market. Legendary mutual fund pioneer John C. Bogle reveals his key to getting more out of investing: low-cost index funds. Bogle describes the simplest and most effective investment strategy for building wealth over the long term: buy and hold, at very low cost, a mutual fund that tracks a broad stock market Index such as the S&P 500.
While the stock market has tumbled and then soared since the first edition of Little Book of Common Sense was published in April 2007, Bogle’s investment principles have endured and served investors well. This tenth anniversary edition includes updated data and new information but maintains the same long-term perspective as in its predecessor.
Bogle has also added two new chapters designed to provide further guidance to investors: one on asset allocation, the other on retirement investing.
A portfolio focused on index funds is the only investment that effectively guarantees your fair share of stock market returns. This strategy is favored by Warren Buffett, who said this about Bogle: “If a statue is ever erected to honor the person who has done the most for American investors, the hands-down choice should be Jack Bogle. For decades, Jack has urged investors to invest in ultra-low-cost index funds. . . . Today, however, he has the satisfaction of knowing that he helped millions of investors realize far better returns on their savings than they otherwise would have earned. He is a hero to them and to me.”
Bogle shows you how to make index investing work for you and help you achieve your financial goals, and finds support from some of the world's best financial minds: not only Warren Buffett, but Benjamin Graham, Paul Samuelson, Burton Malkiel, Yale’s David Swensen, Cliff Asness of AQR, and many others.
This new edition of The Little Book of Common Sense Investing offers you the same solid strategy as its predecessor for building your financial future.Build a broadly diversified, low-cost portfolio without the risks of individual stocks, manager selection, or sector rotation. Forget the fads and marketing hype, and focus on what works in the real world. Understand that stock returns are generated by three sources (dividend yield, earnings growth, and change in market valuation) in order to establish rational expectations for stock returns over the coming decade. Recognize that in the long run, business reality trumps market expectations. Learn how to harness the magic of compounding returns while avoiding the tyranny of compounding costs.
While index investing allows you to sit back and let the market do the work for you, too many investors trade frantically, turning a winner’s game into a loser’s game. The Little Book of Common Sense Investing is a solid guidebook to your financial future.