Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma will be of great value to all Urologists, Medical Oncologists and fellows in Urologic Oncology as well as upper level residents in training in Urology and Medical Oncology.
During the last decade, much evidence on hormone therapy has been accumulated in Japan. Interestingly, some of these findings are different from those reported from Western countries, suggesting ethnic variation in the outcome of hormone therapy. In the chapters of this book, expert authors provide exhaustive interpretations of the evidence recently reported from Japan and provide important Asian perspectives on hormone therapy for PCa. This work benefits not only Asian urologists but also their Western counterparts and all physicians and medical personnel who are involved in the treatment of PCa.
ABSITE Slayer is a rigorous, high-yield review that focuses specifically on the American Board of Surgery In-Training Examination. Designed to reduce pre-test anxiety and help you achieve the highest score possible, this powerful study aid provides a complete framework for your exam preparation and is also the most efficient last-minute review available. You will find everything you need to ace the exam in one comprehensive package--from Q&A and full-color illustrations to "make or break" tips--from expert authors who know exactly what it takes to excel.
Here's why this is the best ABSITE review:More than 300 multiple-choice questions and more than 1,000 quick-hit single answer questions Test-taking tips that may spell the difference between success and failure on the exam Numerous full-color illustrations of must-know anatomy Valuable clinical pearls Easy-to-retain concise text Logical organ-based organization, that also includes chapters on pharmacology, anesthesia, cell biology, and fluids/electrolytes/nutrition
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
Hailed by readers and reviewers for its expert authorship and high-yield clinical content, Trauma is unquestionably the field’s definitive text. Enhanced by a full-color design and a high-quality atlas of anatomic drawings and surgical approaches, this trusted classic takes readers through the full range of injuries the trauma surgeon is likely to encounter.
Supported by numerous x-rays, CT scans, plus tables throughout, Trauma begins with an informative look at kinematics and the mechanisms of trauma injury. Subsequent chapters provide useful background information on the epidemiology of trauma; injury prevention; the basics of trauma systems, triage, and transport; and much more. The next section meticulously reviews generalized approaches to the trauma patient, from pre-hospital care and managing shock, to emergency department thoracotomy and the management of infections. Trauma then delivers a clear organ-by-organ survey of treatment protocols designed to help clinicians respond to any critical care situation with confidence, no matter what body system is involved. The remaining sections of the book will help readers successfully handle specific challenges in trauma―including alcohol and drug abuse, and combat-related wounds―in addition to post-traumatic complications such as multiple organ failure.
• Media download with high-quality procedural videos
• Increased number of algorithms and illustrations
• More international authors
• Expanded Trauma Atlas contains precise, full-color anatomical illustrations and proven surgical techniques
• High-yield section on specific approaches to the trauma patient prepares readers for the complete spectrum of cases in trauma/critical surgery care they will face in real-world practice
• A-to-Z overview of the management of specific traumatic injuries
• Detailed discussion of the management of complications
Vascular Technology Examination PREP is packed with everything you need to know to ace the ARDMS® Vascular Technology registry exam. Covering all aspects of vascular disease and testing, this unparalleled review book combines a rigorous grounding in vascular principles with high-yield review questions that boost comprehension and retention. Major sections of the book survey each vascular region, including cerebrovascular, venous, peripheral arterial, and abdominal/visceral, while every chapter contains a full list of questions with answers and explanations.
To further reinforce core concepts, Vascular Technology Examination PREP features full color illustrations, tables, and sonographic images throughout every chapter. Also included is a chapter covering the latest perspectives in quality assurance, with detailed information on patient and practitioner safety guidelines. Whether you are a seasoned or beginning sonographer, you can count on this indispensable, all-in-one learning tool to help you thoroughly understand the role and specific duties of a vascular technologist—and gear up for success on exam day.
Features of Vascular Technology Examination PREP
· The most in-depth review for the Vascular Technology boards available—also ideal as a clinical point-of-reference for practitioners
· Vascular region sections follow the outline of the registry exam, which covers hemodynamics and vascular anatomy, pathology, patient assessment and integration of data, protocols, interpretation of results, treatments, and related vascular system testing
· Enhanced by more than 500 illustrations and sonographic images
· Includes 600 chapter review questions with detailed answer explanations and a 120-question practice test at the end of the book
· Essential for Vascular Technology certification or recertification