Find out how to record, edit, mix, and master like a pro!
Are you the next big thing in music - but the world just doesn't know it yet? Here's the guide that will help you create great-sounding recordings with GarageBand. Packed with useful information on setting up a digital studio, laying down tracks, working with loops, playing with MIDI and software instruments, and mixing tracks, the only thing this book doesn't provide you with is . . . a recording contract!
The Dummies Way
* Explanations in plain English
* "Get in, get out" information
* Icons and other navigational aids
* Tear-out cheat sheet
* Top ten lists
* A dash of humor and fun
Discover how to:
* Decide what gear you'll need
* Optimize your room for recording
* Mix vocals, instruments, and loops into a song
* Improve recordings with editing and effects
* Create CDs, movie scores, and more using other iLife applications