Ichimoku Kinko Hyu, commonly referred to as Ichimoku indicator, is one of today’s most powerful trading systems.
A Japanese innovation, like the candlesticks, it can be used with equal success to trade stocks, commodities, futures, currencies and bonds — in fact, to anything that can be charted! Ichimoku also works very well on all time frames, from the weekly all the way down to the one-minute chart.
Loosely translated, Ichimoku chart means a ‘one glance equilibrium’ chart. Due to the unique construction of the Ichimoku cloud, which is the heart of this system, a trader can visually determine in an instant whether a chart is bullish or bearish! Not just that:
● Ichimoku clearly defines support and resistance, identifies trend direction, gauges momentum, and provides trading signals
● It is the only system with a built-in forward looking indicator
● Looking at Ichimoku charts on multiple time frames can offer a tell-all x-ray into the dynamics of any market
● It shows how to correctly time their entry and exit trades
● Most charting platforms today offer Ichimoku as an indicator.
Packed with in-depth analysis of high-probability trading strategies and numerous real-market examples of stocks, derivatives, commodities and currency trades, this book reveals how you can make money using the powerful Ichimoku system, the candlestick cloud charts.
Balkrishna M. Sadekar is the founder of Profitable Candlestick Charting LLC., an educational company providing training to stock traders in the proper use of candlestick charting and technical analysis. He is also a member of Technical Securities Analyst Association (TSAASF.org), a leading authority for technical analysis in the United States.
With a Masters degree in Engineering, Sadekar has passionately blended technology with investor psychology analysis via candlestick charts. A trader for more than a decade, he has trained and continues training novice and experienced traders in correctly applying trading systems for profiting from equity markets.
Sadekar resides in Richmond, VA in the US and can be reached via his website, www.ProfitableCandlestickCharting.com. His first book, How to Make Money with Candlestick Charts, also published by Vision Books, is a bestseller.
This book explains step-by-step how you can make money by trading the powerful and proven candlestick techniques. Here is how:
● Explanation of major candle signals; how to recognize them and use them effectively
● The underlying market psychology revealed by each candle formation
● How to combine candlestick signals with Western technical analysis to take advantage of high probability trades which generate explosive profits
● Stop loss settings for various candlestick signals for cutting losses. Master this and you will be way ahead of fellow traders
● How the use of candlesticks with technical analysis provides a simple mechanical trading system which eliminates emotional interference, panic and greed
● How to use candlestick charts for making money from longer term trading and investing
● PLUS: Proven, market-tested trading ideas tips and common mistakes to avoid based on the author's rich experience of trading stocks and options.
This book will enable both new traders and experienced traders derive systematic and consistent profits from the market by adding candlestick charting to their trading arsenal.
REVIEWS FOR THE BOOK
"Educative addition to the technical trader's shelf." — The Hindu Business Line
"Clearly explains and reinforces the message of each candlestick pattern, pointing out other details that can help determine success or failure at each occurrence. The real life examples are manifold, well chosen and amplify the lessons being taught. Highly recommended reading for traders in all markets to discover ways of profiting from candlestick trading." — Alan Northcott
"Sadekar's book not only manages to live upto the expectations but probably excels them. Sadekar attempts to keep things simple, and targets the beginner to intermediate level technician as his target audience.
Each type of reversal, consolidation and continuation pattern is tackled in individual chapters and illustrated liberally with charts of Indian stocks. The author leaves ample strategies for the not so active trader, also combining Dow theory tools like trend lines, oscillators and moving averages with the oriental techniques. This gives the reader an immediate advantage of getting the best of both the worlds.
While all chapters are interesting read, chapters 11 & 12 are the highlights of the book as they lay out a simple but actionable game plan for a trader and investor. As if the overall package was not sweet enough, Sadekar has compiled a tear-away candlestick ready-reckoner at the end of the book to identify emerging patterns in real time. At its price, the book is a value buy. All in all, a must read book for every freshman candle sticks trader."
— Vijay L. Bhambwani, Technical Analyst, CEO - BSPLIndia.com
The Ichimoku Kinko Hyo trading indicator is an information-rich and extremely reliable tool that can be employed across all time frames. Once you have learned the subtleties of the method and understand its unique system of validating price movements, it will improve your trading.
<i>Trading with Ichimoku</i> is a practical handbook explaining the different elements of the Ichimoku system of chart reading, from the description of each of its five lines to their interpretation within a wider process of trading analysis.
You will rapidly conclude that even though there are only five lines to look at on Ichimoku charts, the information given is more than enough to achieve a detailed and broad view of market and what the price action reveals.
Part 1 is devoted to the theoretical description of the various components making up Ichimoku.
Part 2 explains how to trade with Ichimoku Kinko Hyo through several examples in various time frames.
Part 3 introduces trading methods that combine classical trading tools with Ichimoku Kinko Hyo.
Explanations and examples are illustrated throughout with detailed colour charts.
Whether you are a beginner or an accomplished trader, you should add a knowledge of Ichimoku to your armoury to improve your analysis and your results.
Reviews from French readers:
“I highly recommend this book for anyone who wants to learn to use Ichimoku.”
“Clear explanations and especially great tips on how to trade.”
“Very informative book with clear and precise examples.”
“Good balance between the theory, analysis and trading.”
This book is a valuable compendium of select tried and tested short term trading strategies. Followed with discipline and patience, these strategies can help you build solid wealth in the stock market.
The book starts with an explanation of the key concepts of technical analysis that underlie trading. The big advantage of technical trading is that it eliminates guesswork since the risk, namely the worst-possible outcome of a trade, is known in advance even before a trade is initiated.
Each trading strategy is explained in detail with entry, stop loss and exit rules and illustrated with real-life examples and charts. Find out:
● The logic of technical trading
● The key tools: charts and trends
● Proven trend trading strategies
● How to trade support and resistance
● Strategies for trading trend lines
● Strategies for trading reversal and continuation patterns
● How to profitably trade gaps
● Retracement trading strategies
● Tried and tested trading strategies using leading and lagging indicators
● Mechanical trading strategies
● Introduction to algorithmic trading strategies
● And, lot's more.
Come, profit from these market-proven trading strategies.
This is a pioneering book on using options to generate regular income through non-directional trading, namely making money without really having to predict the underlying stock's or market's direction.
It reveals and explains:
● The concept and nature of non-directional options trading
● Why non-directional trading doesn't require much analysis of charts or price patterns, etc.
● How to construct non-directional option trading strategies
● How non-directional option strategies can easily be repeated to produce a monthly paycheck for the trader
● How to fine tune these strategies to suit your trading style.
The centerpiece of the book is the thorough exposition and analysis of a powerful, tested non-directional options trading strategy. The author dissects the strategy with the help of real life examples and 150+ charts, highlighting how to manage non-directional trades through various stages and situations.
The book will equally benefit directional traders through its lucid explanation of popular options strategies of leveraging, hedging, and speculation – and even for buying stocks cheaper by using options. Plus, of course, it will enable options traders to diversify and generate income through non-directional trading as well.