Prof. Dr. P.Sivagnanam. MD (Acu), P.hD. is a practicing Health Consultant and Guest Lecturer in various Corporates and Institutions. He has more interest towards Alternative Medicines and he is giving practical guidance and lectures about Health maintenance with Acupressure, Reflexology and Home Remedies without taking medicines. He has delivered speech in various topics in the International Conference and Zonal Conferences conducted by ATAMA.
- Practical and fully illustrated.
- Step-by-step guide to treatment of every condition.
- Every step explains active point location, direction of massage, and exercise duration.
- No previous experience necessary.
- It is not necessary to massage active points on your own, you can ask somebody else to massage points for you.
- Total treatment duration for most conditions is 10 to 15 minutes.
Presenting a scientific, anatomical approach to acupuncture, this volume discusses:
The basics of the nervous system
Acupuncture points located in the head and face, formed by the cranial nerves
The cervical plexus, which forms acupuncture points in the neck region
Acupuncture points formed by the brachial plexus in the upper limbs, spinal nerves in the body trunk, and the lumbar–sacral plexuses in the lower limbs
The anesthesia effect of biochemical substances in the nervous system
The measurement and quantification of pain
Applications of acupuncture in clinical practice, from cases easy to treat to those more challenging
Theories on the future of acupuncture
The treatment of pain, in general, is controversial, as many therapies have unintended consequences and side effects. Acupuncture provides a therapy that is quick, easy to perform, and requires no medications. This volume enables physicians, osteopaths, pain specialists, chiropractors, and other health professionals to perform this effective treatment for their patients who experience both chronic and acute pain.