Emphasis in Geriatric/Home Care Management, Master of Arts Degree Program, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California
· Easy-to-read introduction for nursing students, with a chapter on making the most of placements with older people;
· Linked to the latest NMC Standards and Essential Skills Clusters for degree-level education;
· Theory is linked to practice through case studies and scenarios, emphasising the lived experiences of the older person;
· Plenty of activities help build critical thinking and graduate skills;
· Further resources on the book's website to help you in your teaching including additional questions and case studies, website links, and PDFs of useful resources.
All you need to know on:Ageism Assessment Core gerontology conditions Care planning End of life care
And much more...
The book embodies a holistic approach to nursing that recognizes the importance of quality of life in addition to quality of care. It provides an overview of the unique features of long-term care, addressing the operational differences between these settings and those of acute settings, the distinct responsibilities of long-term care nurses, special needs of the residents, and major clinical challenges. The text offers guidance on the use of evidence-based knowledge within the constraints of long-term care settings. Topics such as legal risks, documentation essentials, and the importance of self-care are covered, along with management and leadership issues relevant to the supervision of unlicensed personnel. The Fast Facts in a Nutshell feature assists readers in reinforcing and applying content, and a comprehensive resource list supplements the text. The book will also serve as a useful study tool for long-term nursing care certification.
Key Features:Embodies the essential competencies for long-term care nursing practicePresents information in a concise easy-to-access format with bulleted facts and the Fast Facts in a Nutshell featureAddresses management and leadership issues germane to the long-term care settingIncludes must-know information on regulatory standards, site visits, legal risks, documentation essentials, and moreGuides nurses in using evidence-based knowledge in long-term care settings