The newly updated Interventional Cardiac Catheterization Handbook helps you to effectively perform common therapeutic interventions. This convenient handbook provides full-color illustrations and videos showcasing up-to-date, step-by-step methods for the most widely practiced interventional cardiology procedures!
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader, conduct rapid searches, and adjust font sizes for optimal readability. Compatible with Kindle®, nook®, and other popular devices.
- Review traditional procedures as well as more specialized interventions, including laser angioplasty, atherectomy, and stent implantation.
- Quickly access the information you need with the help of an easy-to-read outline format, which includes helpful tables and boldfaced key terms.
- An excellent complement to the 5th Edition of Kern's Cardiac Catheterization Handbook, the Interventional Cardiac Catheterization Handbook is also an ideal review tool for the boards.
- Make optimal use of the latest techniques with coverage of coronary interventions using radial access; advances in femoral closure devices; avoidance of restenosis; interventions for peripheral vascular disease; LV support devices for high-risk PCI; indications and potential pitfalls of new stents and approach to failing dialysis shunts.
- Effectively evaluate coronary and peripheral vascular disease with full coverage of non-angiographic imaging techniques including FFR, OCT, IVUS and the new tools to assess intravascular plaque composition.
- View online videos demonstrating Radial Access, Tandem Heart for High-Risk PCI, FFR for Serial Lesions, Thromboaspiration for STEMI, Management of Coronary Perforation, and more at www.expertconsult.com!
The book covers both the strengths and pitfalls of currently available markers, and provides information on the most promising biomarkers that are likely to impact practice in the next few years. It is divided into four parts, organized around clinical scenarios rather than individual biomarkers.
This book will help the practicing physician decide which biomarkers to measure, when to measure them, how to interpret the results and how to make decisions based on the test result.
- Includes editors and contributors from the US and Europe for a truly international perspective.
- Begins each chapter with 6-10 key points written in bullet format that summarize important concepts in the chapter, making reference a snap.
- Includes extensive coverage of new technologies for interventional cardiology, including lasers, cutting balloons, and distal protection to keep you completely current.
- Covers high problem areas for intervention, including new material on chronic total occlusions, bifurcation lesions and PCI in small vessels.
- Adds a new section on peripheral vascular intervention including the new development areas for interventional cardiologists like carotid, renal and lower extremity.
- Contains new information on hot topics such as ASD, PFO closure, and aortic valve intervention.
Each book is laid out in bullet point format, so that the desired information can be located quickly and easily. Interventional radiologists at all stages, from trainees through to specialists, will find this book a valuable asset for their practice.
The Handbook of Angioplasty and Stenting Procedures first discusses the basic tools and principles of these procedures, then moves onto describing each operation that can be performed using these techniques.
Dr. Robert Morgan is Consultant Radiologist at St Georges’ Hospital, London, UK, and Dr. Eric Walser is Professor of Radiology at the Mayo Clinic in Florida, USA.