The Bible For Dummies appeals to people of all faiths, as well as those who don’t practice any particular religion, by providing interfaith coverage of the entire Bible and the often fascinating background information that makes the Bible come alive. You’ll find answers to such questions as:
- Where did the Bible come from?
- Who wrote the Bible?
- How is the Bible put together?
Follow the history of the Bible from its beginning thousands of years ago as tattered scrolls to its status as the bestseller of all time. The Bible For Dummies covers these topics and more:
- Ten people in the Bible you should know
- The Hebrew Bible
- The Apocrypha’s hidden treasures
- What’s new about the New Testament
- Israel’s wisdom, literature, and love poetry
- The Bible’s enduring influence
- The prophets: more than fortunetellers
Discover the world’s all-time bestseller in an entirely new light. Whether you’re interested in broadening your spiritual horizons, uncovering the symbolism of Western culture, or gaining a deeper understanding of the book you grew up reading, The Bible For Dummies has all the information you need to navigate this ancient and fascinating book.