You’ll learn how to select the perfect laptop to take withyou on the road and you’ll find out how to install oractivate WiFi, Bluetooth, wired Ethernet, satellite, and othercommunication media to keep you connected to the business world.Now you can make sure that you will choose the best software formobile computing and manage all your files and accounts safely andsecurely. You’ll be prepared to fix or work around commonhardware and software failures so that you can proceed with yourtasks. You will:
- Become familiar with all your laptop’s components
- Organize and manage files and accounts
- Deal with repairs, unusual or non-standard power sources, andalternate means of communication
- Properly equip your laptop carrying case with tools andresources
- Add software tools to synchronize and update files between alaptop, a PDA, and a desktop or office server
In addition to the basics, learn keyboard shortcuts for Word,Excel, and Powerpoint, find troubleshooting advice, and cool thingsyou can add to your laptop in Laptops for Dummies QuickReference, 2nd Edition, a convenient and handyguide!